Author Topic: wont eat lunch or dinner!  (Read 1449 times)

Offline babyrose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
wont eat lunch or dinner!
« on: January 11, 2012, 19:40:50 pm »
A has been refusing lunch and dinner for a few days now but is quite willing to snack all day if we let him. im not sure whats going on any thoughts?

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: wont eat lunch or dinner!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 14:48:00 pm »
Hi hun, sorry your post got missed. How is A doing, any better now?

If ever C won't eat her meals it is always teeth related or she is about to be ill. Usually with teeth she will snack, I guess because it is less for her to get through and of course after a missed meal she is starving.

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 17:05:20 pm »
Putting this together with your posts about sleep issues I would def say there could be teething problems (literally!) - maybe he can handle a little snack now and then (when my wisdom tooth came in recently I found it sore chewing).   I find that some days the boys preferred/prefer total pureed food, and other days really hard things to bite on. If it's the former, soup and smoothies are good.  For the latter then breadsticks, rice cakes etc are good.  Also giving Calpol a bit before his meal may help :-*

Otherwise, if it is a longer-term issue then maybe he is filling up on snacks instead? If so, limit his food to his mealtimes and snack times, and distract him if he asks for food in between ???
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 16:39:39 pm »
hi bex, he is doing much better with the eating, he has the cold and teething! great combination!!

hi lucy, ive stopped giving him so much snacks aswell, i will keep in mind about the calpol hopefully that should help.

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 19:04:25 pm »
I always found if my son was off everything plain greek yoghurt would go down ok.  Stomach bugs, colds, teething, it was my fall back food of choice!
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 19:06:26 pm »
Ella's Kitchen brocolli, pear and peas was always M (and now O's) favourite - if all else failed they eat this!! Yup, even though M is 3 he still loves it!
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!