Author Topic: 6 month old suddently refusing the bottle  (Read 891 times)

Offline Ddaniela

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6 month old suddently refusing the bottle
« on: January 11, 2012, 21:12:34 pm »
Hello everybody,

This is my first time posting so please bear with me. My girl has been on EASY since we brought her home. She has took to it very easily. We even introduced the bottle at about 6 weeks, without any issues; my hubby was giving her the DF with EBM. We did stop the bottle when she was about 3 mths old, but she would still take it when family was babysitting. She had her first sleep over at my parents on new years eve. She took two bottles, one with EBM, one with formula with no problems. The following weekend, my parents asked to babysit her again, overnight. That night she fought them both, and would not take a bottle, EBM or formula. Ever since we've tried giving her the bottle, with different nipples, different formula, with no luck. She screams the moment she sees it, it barely touches her lips.

I've read in Tracy's "BW Solves all your problems" about reintroducing the bottle, but I'm a bit apprehensive as it sounds so extreme, and I just don't feel like it applies, as she took the bottle last week.
Please advise if there's something else that worked for you.
Thank you!

Offline Ddaniela

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 month old suddently refusing the bottle
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 19:56:53 pm »
If someone could please throw some ideas my way, I really appreciate it. I'm also starting to have problems with her refusing solids, so i'm really looking for some answers. Thank you!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 20:13:12 pm »
She could be teething - have you tried teething remedies/ pain meds before a feed? Are you offering a bottle when you know she is hungry? Have a look at these links to see if anything helps http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=173309.0

Laura

Offline Ddaniela

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 20:23:29 pm »
Oh thank you sooo much!!! The "tips for getting your breastfed baby to take a bottle" is amazing.  I don't believe she is teething yet, but I'm only saying that cuz she is a very happy baby, but cries instantly when she sees the bottle.
Thank you again!!!