Author Topic: Anyone else with picky eaters?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline momma.bear

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: January 11, 2012, 20:44:47 pm »
Recently my 8.5 month old has become extremely picky. She won't take purees, I've tried giving her boiled veggie sticks but she takes a bite and that's it. I've tried dicing up fruit but usually she'll only eat a piece or two. Even made sweet potato pancakes with apple and oatmeal but only took a bite.
The only things she eats are:
-baby mum mums
-cheerios
-puffs
-cheese
-toast with cheese
-smoothies (tried this morning and she drank about 2.5 oz. of yogurt mixed with milk and fruit and a little oatmeal)

Would love to hear of other things to try! A little concerned about how to get veggies in this kid. She is loving her carbs!

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
Re: Anyone else with picky eaters?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 22:11:02 pm »
My DD is a really picky little monster!

The Baby Led Weaning thread has some great ideas and links if you have the time to read through...
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=219175.405;topicseen

Although A will eat a few other things (well, she will at least lick them ::)) she really likes blueberries!  Maybe give those a try!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Anyone else with picky eaters?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 22:29:23 pm »
My 2 year old is picky  :P. TBH at 8 months I wouldn't worry too much about get veges in. She is getting what she needs from her milk. Maybe she is teething and so is off her food a bit? Keep offering what she likes and then something new on her plate?

Offline momma.bear

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 00:04:41 am »
Tried blueberries this morning, no luck. She did eat banana though. And because she'll eat cheese all day if she could, I've been sneaking puree on my finger in between bites of cheese that I feed her (she has trouble getting the cheese in on her own).

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 01:41:55 am »
My DS2 was totally like this.  If he had been my first, I would probably have been more worried!  lol  He got better after a year, especially when he got better at self feeding.  He is still relatively picky (both my kids are), but you do learn that stressing isn't something that helps the situation.  I agree with pp not to worry too much about how much she eats now as it is still all about exposure and helping her learn about what food is.  Just keep offering different stuff and keep at it, and abandon the spoon/purees if you are getting nowhere with them (DS2 would NOT be spoon fed ever!).  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012