Author Topic: Move to cow milk  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Move to cow milk
« on: January 15, 2012, 21:45:09 pm »
I am not sure if this is the right place for this post. My DD is 1yr this week. I tried to give her cow milk tonight instead of formula and she really didn't like it. She took 1oz then realised it was different and refused anymore. My DS1 took it no problem so not sure what to do as I really don't want to have to go buying that toddler milk. Do you think she will get used to it? Had anyone else experienced this? She eats solids really well so I know she is getting enough food but know she still needs the milk.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Move to cow milk
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 22:24:31 pm »
You really won't need the toddler milk! Swap it gradually so she gets used to the taste, swap 1oz at a time, so if she has 8oz bottle put 7oz of formula and 1oz of cow's milk, next day or the day after make it 6oz of formula and 2oz of cow's milk. Keep going like this until you have just cow's milk in the bottle. As the bottle gets to be more cow's milk than formula you may need to go more slowly, you can try different temps too, some don't like their cow's milk warmed, some like it warmer!

As she is 1, I will move this over to eating for toddlers too!

Laura