Author Topic: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 10  (Read 63443 times)

Offline Papaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
Re: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 10
« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2012, 13:47:23 pm »
We had egg noodles stir fried with tofu and veges, with prawn stock and a smidge of soy sauce added to keep things from sticking and to add a bit of flavour (I took F's out before I added more soy plus fish sauce for us). YUM!! I put what I thought was a HUGE amount out for F, and she ate it all and demanded seconds, and was most put out when I said there wasn't any because she could still see ours! ("more noo more noo"!)

Breakfast was the usual porridge made with coconut milk (plus a nibble of ee kyaw kway, a deep-fried Burmese snack from the market, naughty mama) and fruit; lunch was left over pork and mashed potato from last night with cucumber sticks.
*Nuala*

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2012, 13:58:43 pm »
Oh you're all making me SO hungry and I have to wait until DS wakes from his nap before we can eat!

Turkey sausage and veg stew here (did I mention we eat a lot of turkey?) when he eventually stirs.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #317 on: March 20, 2012, 15:40:01 pm »
Pork loin for dinner here. It has been cooking in balsamic vinegar and honey all day in the slow cooker. I just thought we are meant to avoid honey until 12mo but I figure it is ok cooked as that should have killed any bacteria no?

We had Weetabix which I spoonfed him for breakfast and then homemade banana and cinnamon pancakes for lunch (my breakfast but saved some to take to play group for colby). He also nicked a couple chips at lunch.

Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #318 on: March 20, 2012, 20:57:16 pm »
Ali- you can do what you like for sure- but we actually had a discussion about this before somewhere and i looked it up. The bacteria in the honey aren't killd by cooking at household emperatures, so you are meant to avoid them till 12 months. BUT i;m sure it's like all of those things, very rare- so make your own assessment and decision.

here's the wholsesome baby food take: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/infantbotulismhoney.htm

They even start with 'don't have it- but heaps of people do'...

Oh- we had our weetbix (i love it- same thing, one letter different!), a plum (new fave food) and some yoghurt for breakfast as usual..
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #319 on: March 20, 2012, 21:08:51 pm »
DD had toast for breakfast today (I think - DH does breakfast) then bread and pate for lunch and a beefburger with processed smiley faces and sweetcorn for dinner.  Yeah, I know, but she likes them and I don't always have time to do fresh spuds.
*** Amanda ***

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #320 on: March 20, 2012, 21:11:55 pm »
smiles!! YAY!! I can't wait for hamish to be more interested in character foods!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2012, 21:41:33 pm »
Colby ended up eating banana and some oatibix at my sister's before us so he didn't eat the pork with honey anyway. I did and it was yummy. I saved some for cadan for tomorrow but will give colby something else. Thanks for that Katy.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2012, 22:25:13 pm »
I can't wait for hamish to be more interested in character foods!
Katy, I think Hamish is interested in pretty much any foods already isn't he? :)

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2012, 00:29:01 am »
Ha ha- very true!! But he doesn't pause to appreciate the cleverness of mummy using a fish cutter to cut out his tuna sandwich... or if i made a teddy bear toast.. http://www.minieco.co.uk/teddy-bear-toast/ HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!! He just smashes it without even a second look!!

Plums are our new favourite-

Oh- AND i had to repot- Last night we had our snitty with lemon for evan and I- and when hamish was done i let him have a taste of the lemon- I THOUGHT it would be a good opportunity for mummy to laugh at poor hamish (don't you wish i was your mummy?!?!) But NO!!! Hamish launched right into my half a lemon! He tried the skin too- possibly thinking he had it backwards- but then decided he was right the first time and went right on in!!! No laughing for mummy last night!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Papaya

« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2012, 04:58:24 am »
i let him have a taste of the lemon- I THOUGHT it would be a good opportunity for mummy to laugh at poor hamish (don't you wish i was your mummy?!?!) But NO!!! Hamish launched right into my half a lemon! He tried the skin too- possibly thinking he had it backwards- but then decided he was right the first time and went right on in!!! No laughing for mummy last night!

I have done this with lime, when F kept wanted to fish the piece out of the G&T I was enjoying on a hot afternoon watching the rugby WC final. Figured she wouldn't like it and would then leave my drink alone. Nope! Chewed it to pieces and was then twice as keen to get her hands on my gin!

Also, Andrew once gave her a pinky of beer "to show her it wasn't very nice", and has regretted it ever since. Strange child, likes bitter beer and lime!
*Nuala*

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2012, 05:21:43 am »
ba ha ha! I knew he did't mind those flavours as he doesn't mind even the tartest kiwi fruit- i thought he had a limit!!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2012, 10:26:59 am »
D isn't that interested in the shape of the smiles, but seems to like the taste.  She and DS also like lemon/lime/olives etc
*** Amanda ***

Offline beckygatt

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2012, 18:31:18 pm »
Katy - I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to use your sandwich shape cutters later :). DD1 wants her toast cut into triangles squares and circles! I wouldn't dare buy anything more exciting or I'd regret it for sure :P. Thankfully Sophia couldn't care less what shape her food is in ;)

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2012, 20:44:33 pm »
you can get these cutters here that are a single big cutter, but cut bread into things like- a train with 2 carriages, a plane with 2 clouds... theyu also have girly ones... not sure what they are... oh- they also cut them into puzzle pieces!! I can't wait to get them! How cute!!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Papaya

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2012, 05:21:50 am »
I have just remembered that I have an elephant-shaped cutter and I am SO going to cut F's bread with that next time she has bread. She's obsessed with elephants atm so I think she will actually think it's pretty cool. Even more than elephants, she is obsessed with the moon which is a bit easier to do even without a cutter so I should try that too!
*Nuala*