Author Topic: Increased spitting up/vomiting - overeating??  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Hilz_W

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Increased spitting up/vomiting - overeating??
« on: January 18, 2012, 20:30:44 pm »
Hello, my DS is 6 mo and has been on solids for a month now, on 3 meals a day for the last 2 weeks. I started him at 5 mo because he was really ready to eat and he took to it straight away. He is a great eater and seems to like everything he's tried.

However, he's been doing much more spitting up over the last week. He is EBF, on 4 hourly feeds and takes about 1-2oz of puree fruit/veg/cereal 3 times daily, about an hour after a BF. Occasionally he will stop eating before he's eaten the whole lot but usually he finishes it all off. I've just started to give him some finger foods also, but the amount that ends up in his mouth is absolutely minimal. He hasn't ever vomited up any food, just milk. He doesnt seem to be in any discomfort. A similar thing happened back when he was about 6 weeks old and I was misreading his cues and overfeeding him and he was spitting up loads.

Should I reduce the amount of solid food or increase the intervals between BF and solids? Or could it be something else?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Increased spitting up/vomiting - overeating??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 19:50:34 pm »
Hi, how are things now? This isn't somehting I have heard of but I guess it could be over eating and his little tummy is rejecting the excess?

Offline Hilz_W

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 19:23:24 pm »
Hi Buntybear,
Things are the same, he's still doing big spit ups. Its still just milk although when he's had orange coloured veggie puree it does take on a bright yellow hue...nice!
He's still very well and happy so I'm sure its not a problem. He's due a weigh in soon so we'll see how that goes and what the hv says.

Hilary

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 19:30:21 pm »
Yes, I would ask your HV definately - maybe give her a ring tomorrow just to ask? I only say that as I don't know the anser and I probaby would  :)