Author Topic: hardly eating for 4 days now  (Read 914 times)

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« on: January 19, 2012, 18:43:28 pm »
DS2 will hardly eat, at the moment he is taking roughly 70mls per feed, it can take me an hour to get that into him. Ive tried stretching his feeds out further in the hopes he would take more but nope, by the end of the day hes hungry alot sooner than bedtime so our bedtime routine is mucked up. If i try to push him to be really hungry he ends up crying hard like he is starving, so i will feed him (this has been up to 5 hours after a feed) and STILL the same thing happens, it feels like he is snacking, but not at smaller times. hes kind of gone from taking around 700-800mls a day to 500-600mls a day.

Ive tried dropping the DF, tried reducing the NF (after he wont resettle in a NW) Ive tried waiting up to an hour after hes woken in the morning to feed him and still this is happening, now we are getting NW's but I dont know if they are hunger related or not, I am usually able to resettle most of them though.

he does appear to be teething, no sign of a tooth yet but the drool, red cheeks, constant chew chew chewing and irritability etc but I didnt htink it would be like this or is it time for him to be going longer than the 4 hours between feeds? I thought at 6 months he would be MORE hungry (ie needing to introduce solids) not less hungry
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

DS1 -January 2009, DS2 -July 2011

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 20:02:05 pm »
Definately sounds like teething to me. DD can go days and days when she is teething and hardly eat/drink anything. Have you tried medicating/teething gels etc before feeds?

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 20:21:23 pm »
I have tried medicating, doesnt seem to work. Im just worried hes gonna want to start taking mroe at night. but if you think its teething tehn thats ok, i will just leave it a bit longer :)
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

DS1 -January 2009, DS2 -July 2011

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 20:53:47 pm »
Yeh I can understand your worry. It never affects dd at night (but she is an angel sleeper..) - she just seems to catch up when the tooth has popped/stopped hurting. Hope it doesn't last too long for him.