Author Topic: Pooping less since adding more solids?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Pooping less since adding more solids?
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:07:40 am »
James is 8.5 months, we very slowly started solids starting right around 6 months.  We recently (in the past week or two) started 3 meals, but he doesn't eat much, generally some fruit and a touch of cereal fornbreakfast, yogurt for lunch, and meat and veggies for dinner -- also trying to do some finger foods but he's not all that interested in much of it.  He's BF, 5 feeds a day (with an occasional nf) - before solids he pooped daily, sometimes more than once but I've noticed over the few months he now only goes once every 3 days or so.  It doesn't seem to bother him, he has quite the easygoing disposition, hardly ever cries, sleeps pretty well.  When he does go, aside from the large quantity of it, it's quite soft (peanut butterish) and it doesn't seem to distress him at all.  Should I worry or is it just the way he is?  We're due to see the ped in a few weeks and I'll mention it then but wanted to see what someone else thought as I'll go sooner if need be.  Thanks!  :-*

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Pooping less since adding more solids?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:03 am »
Not constipated hun :)  As long as it is soft when he does go, you are golden :)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Pooping less since adding more solids?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:26:12 am »
Yep agree with Kara. They get into their own rhythm  ;). As long they are soft and not hurting then I wouldn't worry. Olly was going everyday but on and off 'pellets' for a while whilst his tummy adjusted to solids. In fact proably a year, this has reminded me actually they have been normal for a while now!