Author Topic: Yogurt  (Read 1741 times)

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
Yogurt
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:33:07 am »
Started feeding my DS plain yogurt about 4 days ago, and had no reactions.... and he gobbles it up... Noticed yesterday and today that he has had multiple BM that are normal colour and smell, but are really loose, but not watery. Like a few times its been out the front or back or side of the diaper... often ruining the outfit and/or requiring a bath to clean up.

Is this from the yogurt? How do I increase the consistency while still feeding the yogurt?

Also E loves his fruit and his cereals.... but still struggle for him to eat veggies any suggestions???
Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Yogurt
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 02:45:21 am »
Yes, the yogurt could be causing the issues - it can be harder to digest and I would actually hold off on it for a month or so ;)

Trick to getting veggies in - mix a sweeter fruit in with them ;)  Pears were my go to for sneaking veggies in... or just offer the sweeter veggies to start with - yams, carrots, green beans...

Offline MommyMoulton

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:02:35 am »
DS will eat sweet potatoes if made a little runnier with chicken broth.. but still have to force it in. Carrots we have tried countless times no go. Tried almost every veggie now with no luck.. Even tried mixing with fruit... works for a few spoonfuls but nothing after that.

As for holding off for another month.... DS loves the yogurt, would like to continue it, and I thought that after 6 months it was a 'free for all' on foods?
Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 05:14:44 am »
and I thought that after 6 months it was a 'free for all' on foods?

It's a free for all to try things for sure... that certainly does not mean that your LO will be okay with everything you introduce. 

Keep trying with the veggies - it's not a big deal given that he is still so young and just learning :)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:32:38 am »
Hi, it can be a free for all on foods after 6 months but that doesn't mean that if he reacts you still keep giving it. If his tummy isn't ready for it yet then I would just cut back so he builds up a tolerance to it.

Veges - have you tried finger foods? roasted chunks of sw pot or squash. Olly used to love these and I used to make a batch at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge. Now he won't eat them  ::)

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:40:36 am »
on wholesomebabyfood website which is my bible they suggest introducing yoghurt at 8 months as it can be harder to digest. I rememeber DS loving it too and having similar issues to you describe so I held off until more like 8/9 months. With DD I will try at 8 months and see. x

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:06 am »
My guy loves the yoghurt too- weird hey!! (I give him that horible no flavour greek one- very tart- but he thinks it's great!)

on wholesomebabyfood website which is my bible

God- it's mine too!!

We've been pretty free for all here too on foods (again from 6 months)- you could try holding off for a couple of days and then reintroducing it, sometimes my guy seems to have a little change- like a funny poo or two... but then get over it... And yeah- it really doesnt matter on the amount of intake at this point- it's all just about learning...
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
yes for many kids I am sure it is fine, we have just been quite conservative this time around. Having said that if you are noticing different BM's after it then holding off is probably wise just to see if it is that that is causing a reaction.

Try not to stress abut how much he takes. I know it is hard but at this age it is more about exploring textures and tastes. He has a good 6 months to experiment before food takes over milk. xx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!