Author Topic: Stopped drinking milk - Any ideas how to get her to start again??  (Read 1275 times)

Offline bubbabear1

• Bubbabear1
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Caitlin Rose
Hi there,

DD is 3 in March and always had about 3/4oz of milk in the afternon as part of her snack and a 8oz bottle before bed.  She has totally refused the bottle since New Year but wont drink milk from a cup.  Any ideas as to how I can get her to drink it again?  Should I be concerned about this or is she old enough now as to not need as much??

Any tips would be greatly appreciated...

TIA,

Siobhan
xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Stopped drinking milk - Any ideas how to get her to start again??
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:15:00 am »
I wouldn't worry about it really. DD switched to a cup at 18 months and hasn't had bedtime milk for months now. I give her a drink of milk with her breakfast and her tea, she has milk on cereal, yoghurt in the day and cheese with some meals so she gets plenty. She doesn't need the bottle either, so it's a good thing she has dropped it by herself! Just offer milk as a drink in the day and dairy in foods and she will be fine!

Laura

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
Re: Stopped drinking milk - Any ideas how to get her to start again??
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:35:48 am »
DS only has milk as a drink at BT, and even then he doesn't always drink all of it (if any sometimes). When he first switched to a cup he didn't drink much at all but this has increased over time and does now drink *most* of it *most* nights.

Like Laura said, I think as long as they are getting enough calcium from other sources throughout the day then it isn't really an issue at this age.
Catherine x