Author Topic: 7m old and sudden disinterest in solids  (Read 1124 times)

Offline HenaV

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
7m old and sudden disinterest in solids
« on: February 13, 2012, 15:54:49 pm »
Hi!

Can anyone shed light on my latest worry???  My LO started solids at 6m (she is now 7m) We have followed the BW weaning plan and it had worked a treat. She loves her solids, porridge,. pears and butternutr squash being her favourire - which is a good job as there's alot of that in the first few weeks! All of a sudden (past few days) she has gone right off her solids, even the unfailing porridge and pears combo.

Could it be... she's fed up of the same foods (we are currently on week 6, or is it more likely to be her teeth bothering her? previously when she's fussed on her solids, it's definately been her teeth. But this time, there are no other signs re: teeth. I am at a bit of a loss. I want to stick to the BW weaning plan because it has worked so well - no constipation etc, but I don't want my LO to be [put off solids if she's bored with the solids i am offering her.

Help!!!!  ??? ::) ???

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: 7m old and sudden disinterest in solids
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 23:51:31 pm »
It could be teeth- or it could be that she is becoming a little bored with the texture- you could try just mashing it rather than pureeing it- or offering her sticks of soft cooked foods she enjoys so that she can have a go at feeding herself? Also- don't panic too much- solids are just for fun till one!! If they have a few off days then it's their way of teling you that they don't need it- you know yourself there are some days you just don't need to eat much! (I could have a few more of those myself!)
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline HenaV

• Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
Re: 7m old and sudden disinterest in solids
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 15:01:04 pm »
thank so much! to be honest, as long as drinks her milk, i'm not overly bothered! I will try the mashing and sticks along side the puree - onlt because i made up and froze a load of squash and pears yesterday! - and see how we go. It's nioew food of the week (peaches) tommorow, so i'll mash them and keep my fingers crossed!

thank again xx