Author Topic: Baby Dolls for your Baby Boys  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Kimberlina

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
Baby Dolls for your Baby Boys
« on: February 09, 2012, 19:43:37 pm »
I hope this is the right place to post; if not, please feel free to move, Mods!

I was thinking lately about getting Jack a baby doll to play with and practice taking care of. Jack recently had a new cousin, so I think maybe this will help him relate.

I got a link from Baby Centre today about some games to try with him this month (http://www.babycentre.co.uk/toddler/development/stimulating/letsplay/21month/clean-clean-baby/), and it says that playing with dolls, esp this game of washing baby, can help him learn body parts, etc.

If I got him a doll, I'd like it to be anatomically correct for the above reason.

Does anyone here have a doll for their boy? I know some people do, esp when mum is expecting #2 etc, but that isn't the case for us.

If so, what other accessories are a hit? Stroller? Change of clothes? Jack has a kitchen, so I suppose he could also cook for baby, and bath baby in our sink/bathtub...

Thoughts?
♥ Kim

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
Re: Baby Dolls for your Baby Boys
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 19:56:25 pm »
I've been wondering about getting A a doll as well...have only held back bc he has Teddy (his teddy bear) who he does everything with.  So, it's kind of like a doll.

I think a stroller would be a great accessory for boys: it's a physically demanding toy, so to speak.  A loves pushing M's stroller around...and around...and around.

Does Jack seem interested in babies, etc.?
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 20:23:34 pm »
Not sure about a doll, as we have never got one for the boys (not for any particular reason, just never got around to it!), but actually I did buy them a stroller last year and it was so popular that they actually fought over it non-stop, then eventually broke it, then we had to put it in the basement.  :P  I think every kid loves a stroller!

But I'd be interested to see what others suggest.  The other day at playgroup DS2 took an interest in a baby doll and was carrying it around and hugging it, so maybe with another baby on the way it might be a good thing to get.  I guess we'd have to get them one each though!
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline C&B&E

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 20:53:42 pm »
Definitely get a stroller (or buggy as we call them here)!!  Ben LOVES his, and often pushes it to the park with an assortment of cars  ::) or a teddy bear in it...gets so many smiles from passers by  :D!  We bought him a doll for it when I was pregnant and he did enjoy it for a while - but really only pushed it around and was never into dressing it etc.  But different personalities will enjoy different things.

Claire x

Offline Kimberlina

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 22:10:49 pm »
Once baby H was born, he went around all week saying "baby? baby?"  They have baby dolls at the nursery he goes to, and if I remember correctly, he's not particularly fond of them...  but then again, they do look like they've seen WAY better days.

I'd like to think that, with proper guidance, it would really help him to be more gentle and mindful of others...

My little brother (15 yrs younger) had a lovely pink stroller... that he would push his cars around in!
♥ Kim

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 22:13:29 pm »
Stan has one of these http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/CF-100-791.html it has a willy and also a nappy and a potty. He likes changing his nappy, wiping his bum etc. He BFs it too LOL. When he was much younger he LOVED pushing a doll (or any other toy) in a stroller.

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 22:16:38 pm »
I really like those dolls Anna!  Might have to look into a couple for the boys before the baby comes.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 22:20:45 pm »
DS wanted a baby doll a while back and he still plays with it occasionally. it is kinda sexless! i'm sure he'll bring it out again once the baby is here.

we found the perfect stroller at build a bear! $12 he used it all the time. now he is too tall for it i think. our doll came with a bunch of stuff like a diaper, etc.
heather

Offline Kimberlina

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 22:26:56 pm »
I really like that one, Anna - it's one of the only that i've seen with a willy that doesn't "drink and wet". B/c I'm not cleaning THAT up.

But I think for me, I'm looking for vinyl so that we can bath baby.
♥ Kim