Author Topic: milk intolerance  (Read 898 times)

Offline dizzy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: February 14, 2012, 19:15:58 pm »
Can anyone give me some ideas of how to get other foods other than fruit and veggies into my lo. We think he has a milk intolerance and hopefully only an intollerance. He drinks nutramigin 2 and lots of that but any milk products such as yoghurt, phili, bread, yorkshire pudding seem to irritate him a lot so I have taken it all out again and he just has fruit, veg, rice cakes and porridge and then he is ok. I am not sure where to go now to give him more variety. He is 8 months now and loves finger foods.

Offline Hedgehog17

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 71
Re: milk intolerance
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 20:33:04 pm »
How about giving him some fish (white, steamed), then try chicken and turkey (also steamed, and can be pureed if he can't chew them yet).

As he has suspected intolerances then only give 1 new food at a time, watch for reactions, and if he's ok then try another after 3 days.

Keep him off wheat for the time being as it is a common irritant!

HH

Offline jesie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: milk intolerance
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 20:35:55 pm »
I think at 8 months DS was pretty much meat and veg (but he is also egg and gluten free)

If you phone nutramigen (number on tin) they will send you a receipe book telling you how to make custard, yogurt and lots of other things

For when he's a bit bigger the free from ranges are good.

I make fish, mushroom etc sauce with nutramigen and freeze them and they go really well with rice.

The organix range have a couple of things which DS loves carrot sticks and sweetcorn rings - crisps. Great for finger food now

HTH's a little

My two angels will always live on in my heart June11, March12, sweet dreams xxx
[/url]