Author Topic: 5 1/2 months and low supply?  (Read 883 times)

Offline JsMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 10, 2012, 16:56:52 pm »
Hello

The last week or so my lo has been super fussy at the breast. he makes this noise like a seal and I think it is because my let down is too slow for him and then once it comes after like a minute he starts this noise again.

I do nurse him to sleep and when he wakes up I nurse him back to sleep. Well the last few nights when he wakes up he doesn't settle easily back to sleep, it's been taking at least 1/2 - 1 hour for him to fall back asleep. Usually he'll fall asleep right away. He makes that seal noise at the breast and pulls on and off. last night was ecspecially bad.

He does have a cold he started Wednesday night but it is getting better and this has been going on a little longer than the cold started. I also suspect he is teething. I've been giving him teething tablets to help with any pain. I've given him tylenol a couple times when he seemed restless b/c I assumed it was pain, I don't know when I should or shouldn't give tylenol. Now I am wondering if it is a low supply.

Is it possible after 5 1/2 months of nursing my supply is decreasing? Any advice would help. Thank You

PS I basically demand feed. He has plenty of wet diapers and 1-2 dirty ones a day.

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
Re: 5 1/2 months and low supply?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 19:53:27 pm »
Have to tried doing some breast compressions to see whether that helps? http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=88759.0
*** Amanda ***

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 5 1/2 months and low supply?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 13:38:25 pm »
I'll give mine Tylenol for teething if he wakes and doesn't settle easily.  If he still doesn't settle easily after the Tylenol has had a chance to kick in (45 minutes or so) then it's probably something else.