Author Topic: Could just use some support... I think our nursing days are numbered.  (Read 16100 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Could just use some support... I think our nursing days are numbered.
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2012, 18:59:25 pm »
Just dropping off some more hugs x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2012, 20:16:23 pm »
Do hospitals in your area rent out their pumps, by any chance?  That way you could see if your body responds better to the hospital grade ones.
I wondered that too.  I've used a cheaper one (my SILs), a hospital grade one (at an LC meeting), and I also have the Medela.  The hospital grade one really was amazingly efficient, and I've never had any trouble pumping.

M will get like that if she's too OT/OS (more so with OS) at bedtime.  She is so unsettled while eating and will cry and chomp down on me like she's full, but really she's screaming at me, "Just put me to bed, Mommy--NOW!"  I'll then actually bring the DF forward and hope for the best for the rest of the night.
FWIW, G does the *exact* same thing and I do the same with the DF as well.

(((Hugs))), Amy, we're definitely here to continue supporting you no matter what. :-* :-*

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2012, 22:17:41 pm »
So sweet about Nathan :)
Hugs you're doing an amazing job with her xxxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2012, 22:28:27 pm »
More (((((hugs))))) Amy!

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2012, 03:49:39 am »
Might I add that I think Anna sounds OT/OS at the end of the day and that while she wants to comfort herself by nursing or that she truly is hungry, it's just too much for her to eat.  M will get like that if she's too OT/OS (more so with OS) at bedtime.  She is so unsettled while eating and will cry and chomp down on me like she's full, but really she's screaming at me, "Just put me to bed, Mommy--NOW!"  I'll then actually bring the DF forward and hope for the best for the rest of the night.
She does want to eat, though. She will suck on her soother for a bit but then spits it out and starts to cry and root, but then still won't nurse when I offer her the BB. One night I tried just putting her down to bed instead of giving her the bottle, and she freaked out. And she is taking 6oz, so she must be legitimately hungry. ???

You are right though, that she is OT/OS by the end of the day. Her EASY is lopsided because I just can't figure out her A times, the first one in particular. She does a 40-45 min nap first off no matter how long she is up, and then either two more short naps that day or a long one in the pm and then no CN. And BT is either smooth but then I am in resettling her 100 times before the DF or she cries and won't go down. And I never know if she will STTN or be up for 2 hrs after her NF. If I put her down UT (not that I can tell, since her A time needs seem off for her age and she shows no sleepy signs until OT) then she refuses the nap or fights the BT. And once she is wound up... look out. Holy cow. I would like to post and get some suggestions, but am not sure if I should post on the EASY or NW board. Or GS maybe?

I am cranky right now because I did my best today; we stayed in, I focused on trying to get her down and give her what she needed, and I was in and out of that stupid bedroom 5 times to resettle her before she finally lost it at 9:15 and started to scream. And then I was in there until 10:05 when DH came home from work and he is still in there at 10:40. She has been quiet for about 20 min though, so I think he has fallen asleep. Figures, because since I have been out here DS has been up twice. I haven't showerd in three days and I was waiting for DH to come home so I could go do it, and now I can't because he is in with Anna and Nathan might need a parent while I am in there. :-\

I am sorry, this is ridiculously off topic. I just kind of hate my life right now. I need to go to bed but I still want that stupid shower that I have been looking forward to all day. >:(  :'( I seriously have been on duty since 7am without a break.
Amy

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2012, 04:00:47 am »
Oh Amy, lots and lots of (((hugs))), hon. This SAHM business with kids that aren't exactly textbook is so draining, both mentally and physically. I've had so many days just like the one you described.  G ends up a little OT or OS most days, TBH, no matter how hard I try to prevent it. I hope you got your nice, hot shower.  :-* :-*

binxyboo

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2012, 17:25:42 pm »
Lots of hugs to you. I can totally empathize with you because none of my babies have been easy evening settlers in the in between months (after they outgrew the newborn sleepiness and before they were on 2 good solid naps a day). Even now, Adora is such a mixed bag as regards her sleep. She will often go down super easily at bedtime, but then will be up and down like a Jack in the Box til about 10pm at night, when she finally settles in for her first good stretch. But she is content to comfort nurse in a light sleep on my lap, so I will just watch tv or browse my laptop until she finally settles. My other two did this as well, and I read on Kellymom and LLL forums that it is quite common, so at least I know others go through it! It is so frustrating sometimes after a long day, when I just want some alone time, usually to clean - ha! But I just try to remember it wont last forever.

No real advice, just lots of hugs. And that was a super cute story about the fries lol.

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2012, 18:19:17 pm »
From someone who has literally just started being able to shower during the day you have my complete empathy.

I can't remember but have you stuck to EASY or have you attempted feeding before sleep? It was so much easier for E to feed to sleep though I know she's a completely different child.

I wish I had more for you, but massive hugs sweetie.
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline teilvnav

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2012, 18:53:21 pm »
Thanks Michelle, it's good to know that this is so common.

Katie, DS was up and down until 11:15 but then settled so I took my shower at midnight! Gah! But at least I am clean today. ::)

Vicki, I do stick to EASY but since she short naps at least the morning nap (99% of the time) it often means that I end up feeding right before, or at least close to, her next nap. She nurses every 3.5-4 hrs right now. That nap is 2-2.5 hrs about 70% of the time, so maybe there is a connection?

Thanks fo rthe hugs. I am going to stick with what I am doing for now; offering the BB for all feeds and giving her a bottle if she refuses. I imagine that the bottles will slowly phase out nursing, but maybe not. Apparently my DH was on 3 BFs and 2 bottles per 24 hrs until almost a year old, so it is good to know that it might be a long term solution and I can keep nursing for a while.
Amy

Offline lidiayy

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2012, 19:16:34 pm »
Amy,

I am so sorry you're going through this. I wish this strike or whatever it is comes to an end soon.
I have no advice just wanted to send you big hugs.
 :-*

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2012, 14:52:44 pm »
How did things go over the weekend, hon?
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline teilvnav

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 16:01:42 pm »
Pretty much the same; thanks for checking. She nurses during the day (sometimes with more than a little encouragement) but she just will not nurse before bed. That feeding is a bottle now. But she does nurse the DF most of the time again, and nurses her NF if she wakes for one. So she is getting one bottle most days, and two bottles some days. I am ok with it now, maybe because her sleeping has started to become such an issue that it has overtaken the nursing frustrations. If anyone wants to chime in, here is the thread I have going in GS: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=227470.0. Some of you guys are already over there.
Amy