Author Topic: Solids and NW  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Little toes

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »
Hello! I recently introduced solids to my 6.5mo. He has a sensitive tummy, a kink in his intestines from birth but has been resolved. Was known for the first few months of his life as Mr.Gassy Fussypants. I saw that he was easily constipated from banana, apple, pear...so I tried mango. I found a list of fruits that won't constipate him but are not in season so I'll have to buy in the jars. My question is this: since I started the solids he's been waking more often at night, after 1am it's been hourly. I'm not sure if I just need to find the right food for him, avoid the ones that make him gassy. Anyone else been thru this? Replies appreciated.  :)

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Solids and NW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 13:51:26 pm »
Hi there, we went through this with our DD when starting solids. Often new foods can be rough on such delicate little tummies. With such frequent NW after midnight I would always think discomfort, so I really think you are on the right track with your instincts here hun.

We found that baby rice cereal was a huge no go for us, made DD too gassy and constipated and generally uncomfortable. How about keeping a food diary and only introducing any new foods every 3 days or so at least? That way you can see if there is a reaction to any foods and then aviod them for a while if there is. HTHs.

Offline Little toes

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 14:42:39 pm »
Ok, so I'm not alone! Good idea about the food diary, gonna start that today. So should I give him a new food 2x day or just once? And for three days the same food? Maybe I switched too often but I saw he had discomfort.

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Solids and NW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 18:32:38 pm »
We would give foods we had already tried and knew were ok and then alongside this once a day, usually in the morning, give a new food. We did it in the morning so if there was a bad reaction it hopefully wouldn't effect the night too much. We would then stick with those foods and the new one for about three days before introducing a new one.