Author Topic: Considering an Elimination Diet...  (Read 1845 times)

Offline rayasunshine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: February 27, 2012, 23:41:30 pm »
Hi there fellow BWers,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest an elimination diet for breast feeding...I checked the FAQs and there was nothing there so here I am.  My 7 week old ds is a very gassy baby :( and constantly in pain.  I thought maybe as a last ditch effort I would try the elimination diet and see if I can alleviate some of his discomfort.  Online I found an elimination diet on Dr. Sears website, one that is suggested by a lactation consultant but it seems soooo strict.  Anyways, thanks for your help!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Considering an Elimination Diet...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:11:22 am »
This is a great sticky that has info on intolerances and EDs.

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=189899.0

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Considering an Elimination Diet...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:20 am »
Hi for a 7 week old I would start by taking dairy and soy out for a couple of weeks, hth

Offline piperlemons

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 17:14:36 pm »
I am in the same boat.  My son is 4 months old and pretty sure he has an allergy to something.  I breastfeed and since he was two weeks old we have been seeing things that have made us wonder...looking at the link above and he has almost every sign.  We cut out dairy a few weeks ago.  His diaper rash got a little better and the eczema is so much better.  He still has terrible gas pain all day long and other symptoms.  Trying to figure out how to do a complete elimination diet to see if there is more than just the dairy.  So wanting my baby to be happy.  I know in there someplace is a sweet happy boy but right now all he does is cry.  Wishing you the best of luck!