Author Topic: help with my daughters night feeding please  (Read 950 times)

Offline diiamondchula

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
help with my daughters night feeding please
« on: March 01, 2012, 16:30:51 pm »
my daughter is 8 months old;; when she was born she had severe acid reflux and a milk and soy protein allergy so i had to put 1 tablespoon per oz in her bottle and she had special formula;;

although shes 8 months i feel like shes a newborn sometimes when it comes to her feedings;; she only eats 2 oz to 3 oz at night and throughout the day (with sometimes eating 5 to 6 oz on scattered occasions) every 3 to four hours. The reason I am mentioning this is because i still wake up alot as if she was a newborn. is that normal?

8 pm bottle
12 pm bottle
3:30 am bottle
6:30 - 7:30 bottle

I dont know what to do no more or if there is anything i can do and i just got to deal with it;; any insight? as anyone gone through this?
I know its not a growth spurt because shes been like this since she was 3 months and i have tried letting her cry it out a little bit at night but nothing works..  please someone help im so exhausted

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: help with my daughters night feeding please
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:46 am »
Welcome to BW.  Huge {{{hugs}}}

Firstly, please do not let her cry it out.  Here on BW we do not condone CIO at all, as Tracy Hogg was firmly against it.  There are much more gentler ways of helping her sleep.  Have you read any of the BW books?

Is her reflux medicated and under control?

What does her day look like, if you could please list it in EAS form, that would be great, for example

E - 7am (how much?)
A - solids?  When, how much?, other activities
S - 9-11am
E - 11am (how much?)

etc..

What happens at night wakings.  Have you tried to settle without the feed?

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months