Author Topic: how much should she be drinking  (Read 1184 times)

Offline mommy2_1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
how much should she be drinking
« on: March 01, 2012, 20:32:06 pm »
Hi,

my LO is 5 months and I've started her on rice cereal.  Even before I started her on the cereal she wasn't drinking on average about 29-30 oz per day.  Is this too little?  I mean she is 16lbs and seems healthy except for the fact that she always looks tired, but that could be from the fact that she doesn't nap much during the day.  since yesterday, I've increased the amount of cereal I give her, I now give her 1 teaspoon in the morning and 1 tsp in the evening as oposed to 1/2 tsp only in the morning.  Is this still ok?  I just need a little advice as everywhere I read she seems to not be drinking enough. 

Offline Rebekahb

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: how much should she be drinking
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 20:36:18 pm »
how much does your LO drink at each feed??  5months is still early for solids so would work on increasing milk rather than increasing solids at this point. 
Rebekah

Mom to:
Nathan Alexander Sean - August 25, 2003
Michael Samuel John - May 22, 2005
Teyah Faith Marie - December 5, 2011

Offline mommy2_1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: how much should she be drinking
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 21:49:34 pm »
she is drinking between 190 to 220 ml at every feeding (4 feedings in a day) but sometimes she doesn't drink it all.  She has acid reflux and I thought maybe she can have some cereals to help her a little as I can't wait for it to go away.