Author Topic: 7 month old waaay ahead of himself  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:33:23 am »
Levi gets bored quite easily, or maybe its frustration im not sure. hes been crawling since 5 months and trying to get into everything ever since. He has been able to go up and down steps for about 3 weeks now and is trying to pull up to standing.

He whines alot and just never really seems all that content for very long, so what can I do to entertain him? should I stick to activities for his age or should i move up a little seeing as he seems a bit ahead of himself??
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

DS1 -January 2009, DS2 -July 2011

Offline amandacan

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: 7 month old waaay ahead of himself
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:26 am »
my daughter was the same
she is 10.5 months now an walking
I do things like moving to different rooms
rotating toys
she loves to play with laundry
and she loves it when im folding laundry she tries to help me
if I clean she follows me I just let her 'help' me and she is happy
and she loves swimming
and walks

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 7 month old waaay ahead of himself
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 06:14:40 am »
Sounds like he's frustrated. I know DS just wanted to walk - crawling was a poor substitute but it worked for a while IYKWIM :P 

With DS, I give him things to do that are suitable for his ability, so at that level, I put some things around for him to pull up on - favourite toys on chairs were a good one for us, kept him occupied for a bit trying to get hold of the toy... then as he got better at it, he'd walk around the chairs getting all the toys. We climbed the stairs every day til he got bored with it, did lots of 'jumping', I lay on the floor and let him climb over me, swimming is a hit here too. Swings at the park (the baby ones) were a fun at this stage. Water in a container with a couple of cup measures/spoons/whisk or whatever was good too.