Author Topic: what do your 9 month olds like to do/play with??  (Read 2064 times)

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
what do your 9 month olds like to do/play with??
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:37 am »
slightly struggling here for ways to keep M entertained.....she is at that stage where she cannot quite crawl but does not want to just sit  :P

wondering what toys are a hit and what activities your lo's enjoy.

thanks  :-*

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: what do your 9 month olds like to do/play with??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:22:17 pm »
As much as i would like otherwise- a MASSIVE hit here is a fisher price steering wheel that has a wheel, gear stick, key, blinkers etc and flashes and sings songs- he LOVES LOVES LOVES it!! ::) I of course have dreams of him enjoying more natural toys or something... but it is a hit!!

On the OTHER hand- something else he really likes is a discovery basket- so a basket of house hold stuff (mainly tupperare. So i have a small container, a funny rice server, a measuring cup, the top of a juicer, a flip lid off a drink bottle- that sort of thing- all put in a basket. He really enjoys taking out the things one at a time and looking at them/exploring them all. He also has a shape sorter container with a lid on it. He likes to take off the lid and pull out all of the shapes.

I'd try the discovery basket- quite the hit, and cheap and easy to make!!

Also i've filled a bottle i'm not using with water, a bit of white vinegar (i think it might be sort of antibacterial  :-\) and some sparkly teddy sequins. He likes shaking that and looking at the bits...

And- i've recently bought metre squares of silky satiny material (was meant to be silk- but that's too expensive for me!) and he plays with them, i like to use them to cover and reveal things, peekaboo and such. I like to supervise him with these though as they are very big and i don't want him to get tangled.

That and the phone, pay TV remote, Ipad, spare toilet roll holder, bit of vomit he;s just done on the floor...  ::) they really don't have that discerning taste at this age i guess!!

Sorry- i think i listed ALL the toys we have just about!!  ::) Love to hear more ideas too!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:37:50 pm by amayzie »
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline MadisonC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my loves xo
Re: what do your 9 month olds like to do/play with??
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:20 am »
DS also loved containers.. he liked to put things in them and take them out and put them back in again.. But DS loved loved the laugh and learn books from fisher price http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=product&pid=47254&pcat=bulnl  they are so cute.. they sing and read when you flip the pages and at 18.5 months he still plays with them daily.