Author Topic: milk intake drastically dropped - how to handle it??  (Read 4181 times)

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: milk intake drastically dropped - how to handle it??
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 14:19:18 pm »
You almost wouldn't mind if they religiously sprouted a tooth each time they display all the symptoms, but more often than not it comes to nothing!!
yes this xx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline londonlady

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 22:14:57 pm »
How's M doing with the milk Becky?

Sofia has dropped down in the last 2 days - she was on 4-5 bottles a day totalling nearly 30oz and today has taken about 10oz in bottles and another 4 oz that I've added into food. She refused every bottle except the morning one but DH managed to get her to take a few oz at BT...??   Am thinking teething as I can see her gums bulging, but she is eating solids just fine and seems to be suddenly showing a preference for them. I offered a bottle first this pm and she refused it but happily gobbled up dinner when offered... Maybe this is a turning point in the milk / solids consumption?

Just wondered if M's had gone back up or if it has stayed lower?

Rach.x

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 10:34:37 am »
thanks for thinking of us Rach. We are now on 3 bottles. She takes around 5oz in the am and i add the other 3 to her bfast. Her second bottle is painful, she only takes 3-4 oz and it is a struggle but bedtime she takes around 7. She is so so so whiny atm so I am wondering teeth and we are getting strange NWings but it could also be SA.
I am trying to just go with it after being quite stressed last week. I cannot do more than offer it.
In our case she is not that keen on solids either  - and she was such a good eater up until this!!!

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Kyaggi

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 17:08:29 pm »
We have the same problem except our 5.5 month old dd isn't into eating solids much. I find it a struggle everyday to get her to eat its like I am chasing her around with a bottle all day. It's exhausting. Sometimes she will take 5 oz in the morning and other times 4.  Midday is just up to her sometimes 6 oz sometimes 3. It's so frustrating I offer 6 every time and throw half away most feedings. She has been doing this for a long time now but the doctor said she is gaining weight fine so Im not supposed to worry but I am worried.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 20:09:37 pm »
Ladies - I found with bad teething that DD would develop a pain association with her bottles and would refuse them.  I got advice to try some Orajel about 10 mins before a bottle to take any pain away so she would "forget" that the bottles hurt her... it took a couple of days, but it did work.

Becky - we were down to 3 bottles at 8.5 months... We did this:

Wake 8ozs
Breakfast an hour later
Lunch at noon
Nap 2 at 230 so 8 ozs bottle at 215 in her room in the dark to keep distractions down and keep her relaxed!
Dinner 530pm
BT 8pm so 8ozs around 815, again in her room in the dark!