Author Topic: 1 AM Bottle for 15 mth Toddler question - He has never held it himself  (Read 1169 times)

Offline meredith1851

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I'm not overly worried that he shows no interest whatsoever in holding his own morning bottle (which is his only bottle now as we have weaned from the others which he never held either.)  So every AM, i prop a pillow up on my bed and lie down right next to him and I hold the bottle for him and we watch the Wiggles.  I kind of see it as our special cuddle time.  He does drink fine now out of his sippy cups during the day.  Is there any reason I should be concerned?

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Neither of mine have every held their own bottles  ::) ::). DS dropped them all by 20 mths of age, and DD is still having her nighttime one at 22 mths and I am still holding it! She holds whatever armful of toys she has refused to part with before going to bed  ::) ::).

I don't see it as an issue - she drinks from everything else independently - sippy cups, free flow, straws, open cups - so just a little comfort habit things  :).

Offline mickey44

• Showing Appreciation 25
Yeah DD1 was fully weaned from all bottles by 16 months and never held any of them.  Sometimes she would help but as soon as we would take our hand away she would drop it.
Stacey

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
My DD also is totally independent with sippys etc, but makes it very clear that holding her bottle is my job alone :)

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
Both my DD's were weaned from bottles by 14 months, but neither of them held their own- ever.  DD1 showed no interest. DD2 did occasionally try to do it herself (but could not tip it up high enough to get anything out).

Personally, I was happy to with that arrangement, as I wanted to be the one to control the bottle and get it taken care of as quickly as possible.  I think it helped with the transition off the bottle and made them less inclined to equate the bottle with a comfort item or toy they did not want to relinquish control over.