Author Topic: 4month old stopped dream feed and waking in night - HELP  (Read 1452 times)

Offline sgpig

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4month old stopped dream feed and waking in night - HELP
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:11 am »
Hi All

Im new here, I am the mother of non identical girl/boy twins and we have been doing the EASY routing for maybe the last 4 weeks.

All was going well with feeds at 6.30, 10,2,6 and a dream feed at 10.00
In the last week my son has stopped taking any dream feed and waking anytime from 1am to 4am for a feed because he is hungry

I have tried feeding him slightly earlier which didnt have any impact he still didnt want his dreamfeed, he is a very good feeder and will drink the majority of his bottle and he is also very good at if he doesnt want his milk he just wont take it - he doesnt mess around with him milk !

I understand that all babies dont sleep through but because I have twins I really want to avoid 2 different routines, and I dont want to stop the dreamfeed because he did use to follow the routine and I dont want to confuse him

any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 4month old stopped dream feed and waking in night - HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 16:55:19 pm »
Have you tried doing the DF half an hour or so later? If you try in a different part of a sleep cycle he may be more receptive. Is he deep asleep when you feed him or does he rouse a bit?

Laura

Offline sgpig

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:25:28 am »
HI lolly, yes we have tried makeing the dreamfeed later but still not taking it
Last night woke at 1am so fed him and he only took 60ml and then woke again at 5.30 managed to make him wait till 6am and he took 210ml.
Im confused when to give water and Im also worried about him 'missing a feed'
Its like hes got confused because he will now go from 6pm to 1am which is 7hours without a feed but then wants feeding every 4hours.

Offline portablechick

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:07:07 am »
hi there sorry andhope you dont think im butitng in on ur thread! i cant help as am new to the routine myself, but my lo (4 1/2 months) seems to be at the same lark - refuses dreamfeed or only takes a couple of ounces, then wakes for a full bottle 7/8oz around 2-3am - this in turn seems to reduce drastically what he takes at his 6am feed. He eats 6, 9.30, 12.30.3.30,6,30 then df 10.30ish. He does seem to eat alot 40-45 oz per day! but he never spits up so i assume he must need it??!  I would be interested to see if anyone has any suggestions.