Author Topic: Stop solids and start again-9month old?  (Read 1402 times)

Offline petram

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: March 09, 2012, 13:05:04 pm »
Hi all
Im not sure where to post so im gonna go for here (ive also posted on health board just in case)

My lo is 9months and a few days, hes had D&V for 3 weeks now, the first 4 days he had d&v bad then the sickness gradually went, the second week diarr still with v occassional sickness, then on Monday this wk diarr much worse but came down with cold aswell,we've been to gp several times and theyve done a sample twice but nothing has come back, so the verdict is, he did have a sickness bug (as did the rest of us) and its left his gut a bit sensitive and unable to absorb/digest food properly, hence the diarr.

Along with the cold this wk hes had no solids for 2 days and the diarr stopped, or at least only twice instead of 10times!! yesterday for tea (the first solids for 2 days) i gave him some potato and carrots with a bit of gravey, he had about 6 spoonfulls, within an hr he was sick, no milk, just carrots!!!

So im wondering if it might be worth stopping all solids for a few days and then starting again from the basics on weaning, hes still not got much of an appitite as this cough and cold is lingering.

Has any one else stopped solids for any reasoan and then started again from the beginning?
Is there any reason not to do this, does it cause problems?

Pre illness he was eating 3 good meals a day, and having 4 feeds of 5-6oz (he began refusing his bedtime milk so i reduced all milk feeds from 8oz to 6oz about 7wks ago)
Hes had finger food and puree from the start and had no problems with anything.

Any thoughts?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Stop solids and start again-9month old?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:17:22 am »
I'd offer finger foods and if he eats it, well and good, if he doesn't, no matter. If you're sick (particularly with D&V) you don't much of an appetite, right? That's probably how he's feeling at the moment. At some point, he may well be ravenous though, once he's better...

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Stop solids and start again-9month old?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 15:45:19 pm »
Hi I will lock this thread now, if you would like to help petram then here is the other thread x

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=227430.msg2456421#msg2456421