Author Topic: Need some guidance with this reaction. Pics included  (Read 5567 times)

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: Need some guidance with this reaction. Pics included
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 05:58:09 am »
For me my answer to ALL her symptoms
Is gut health. Whether it be restoring bacterial imbalance, whether it be providing vitamins an minerals the it needs to function properly, or whether it be to heal a leaky gut and support the immune system with supplements. When you consider that our immunity lies within our gut walls then it makes sense that we need to pay close attention to gut health.

Vicki, it's such an epic journey to have children as we do and you are amazing in the way that you deal with this. I think dr walshs book will give you a lot of answers!  I hope do anyway. It is just being released now.

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 06:05:03 am »
or whether it be to heal a leaky gut and support the immune system with supplements
this is something that stood out in my reading about celiac as well. And ITA about gut health being the possible root of all evil in the mysteries of our health. I've seen too much not to believe that. It's incredibly intimidating though to try to figure it all out without the guidance of a Dr who's on board. That's pretty well landed us here trying to sort this kid out two years later.

And if this is a sals thing, and she's overloaded right now, my instinct would be that a scratch test would have her reacting to a lot of things yes?
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline my3girlsjde

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 06:07:22 am »
Oh and is chemical sensitivity a lifelong thing? Can it be outgrown?

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 11:18:25 am »
Vicki, they are all good questions! 

I don't feel that chemical sensitivty is a lifelong thing, esepcially if the pathways involved are through the liver, detoxification and enzymes like Kai, all these areas can be improved greatly with the right nutrient support. He may need to be on supplements for life, (actually he WILL need to be on zinc and acitivated and non-activated b6 for life due to Pyroluria).

If she is overloaded right now I guess her immune system will be in fight mode and very overactive.  IF she is going toshow a result on a scratch test for wheat, ever, she may do so now.  But I really don't know enough about allergies. I do know that allergies cab present at any time and can be linked to a major illness or major stressful period in one's life. 
Kai had scratch tests about 6 months ago and he came up negative even though he got swellings up to 4mm... they said it was borderline but not to wrroy as they are still not classed as allergies.  But it confirmed something that we already know, he has an overactive immune system and it needs a hell of a lot of support.

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 14:57:24 pm »
Vicki, sorry i am not sure which thread to reply to about more info about NAET.  lol  cant seem to find the thread.  I think i forgot to mention about the book that you can read.  it is called "say goodbye to illness", there is also a handbook to NAET which gives information about what you do before, during and after the treatment.  It has lists of all the things they check and what are the common things that contain them.  i got a lot of clues just reading what the possible allergens might be.  You can get the books on amazon.

Offline my3girlsjde

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 16:42:07 pm »
Thanks Koe :-*

I did mention it to dh and he's not supportive of it :(. I know the price factor is a big thing but we've had no experience first or second hand IRL with homeopathic or naturopathic types of healing. And I have to respect that where this is his child too. Thanks for the info and I'll keep it on the back burner in case we exhaust all other avenues (I hope not) and we get the chance to revisit it.

But I am happy to report that since taking wheat and gluten out of E's diet we have a happy child who has sttn for the past two nights even with the apnea. She is tolerating higher acidic foods and hasn't had a reaction in days if not a week ;D I really truly wonder if the wheat and/or gluten has been overloading her system all this time and causing her to react to so many other foods? Her breathing is great though that could be the proper inhaler use but I always had a thought that some of these breathing episodes were also food related because of how quickly she got raspy after eating certain foods (usually those with wheat or gluten).

So as of right now we have a happy, symptom free little girl. More info for her ever increasing file for the ENT and allergist .

Oh and funny thing is we gave the big girls a banana and they also got pink cheeks. Not as drastic but still a difference .

Now here is the fun dilemma: we're torn on taking the symptom free child to the allergist who may not test as she has been in the past few months or we start giving her wheat and gluten about a week before the appointment so the allergist can get an idea of what sensitivities we're truly dealing with when she's overloaded. Dh wants to not quite overload her but certainly get an accurate showing of how she has been before we cleared her up. I tend to agree with him even though it'll cause her some discomfort. I *need* the allergist to see what she's been like so we can find the root cause. But I'm torn on doing it because of guilt of putting her through it. Stupid, stupid guilt. KWIM?

Offline katyusha

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Kate mum to E, M, F and 2 little souls in heaven
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 17:18:40 pm »
Vicky, don't give her anything, please! I just finally got the results of DS January blood tests last week. Turns out he is allergic to egg scale 3 out of  6, peanut  on a score 2 out of 6 (iI found that via a call earlier without the score ratings so excluded them for 2 months from mine and his diet and have seen a huge difference) but also to wheat, chickpea and coconut (score 2 out of 6) and fish, hazelnut, soy and dairy (score 1 of 6). So the dairy and soy scores have gone down but the egg was still causing a problem. I am not cutting out wheat yet as he seems to tolerate it, however I did cut out coconut and chickpeas.

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 18:25:41 pm »
you dont need to give it to her.  Just from your journal is enough to show.  They will want you to go on elimination diet anyway, so you are just proactive!

I understand about the financial factor.  DH wasnt that worried but I was.  He was more concerned about my health and our insurance does cover partially.  fx for you all!  xx

Offline katyusha

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Kate mum to E, M, F and 2 little souls in heaven
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 22:41:34 pm »
Sorry, I had to end my last post quickly as was travelling. My point was that the blood test or the scratch test would be enough to show a reaction. There is no need to give E the food in advance to make her show the symptoms. Also Koe is right about the diary you are keeping.