Author Topic: 5 month old  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Nauvoo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
5 month old
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:08:54 am »
DD just reached 5 months old and has been doing solids for about 3 weeks.  She is HUGE!!!  taking in 7-8oz per bottle every 4hrs and a dreamfeed.  She is taking solids great, once a day, as long as it's not too runny she gets it down with out a problem.  I have been mixing a bit of rice cereal with fruit and seeing it all about 2hrs later in her diaper.  Normal?  Should I forgo the fruit and just give cereal? 
Also, she used to poop once a day but now it's certainly increased.  and whereas she used to need pear juice in a bottle to keep her from getting backed up, we are certainly not needing to give that atm.  Should I see such a noticeable difference with such a small amount of fruit?  I am really wondering if I should be backing off the fruit?
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 5 month old
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:25 am »
I'd say that's normal. There is more going in so there will be more coming out. Her immature digestive system will be letting a lot pass through not fully digested too.

Cereal can be constipating so if she is prone to getting backed up I wouldn't only do cereals.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011