Author Topic: What's the deal when they go off food they used to like?  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 123
Re: What's the deal when they go off food they used to like?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 19:29:30 pm »
K only wants protein. Maybe we should just make one meal and they can share LOL.

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 19:18:33 pm »
Involving my DDs in cooking backfires big time on me ::) They think just by sight that they don't like something (ie mascarpone that we put in a pasta sauce) and dd1, who is my star eater, decided she didn't like it and wouldn't eat it ::) and I swear if they hadn't seen what I was making they'd have eaten it!!!
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 19:33:30 pm »
Unfortunately I have to make tea in secret as far as possible (tricky) because otherwise I'm in for a meltdown until it's cooked and cooled enough.  Urgh.  My little fatso thinks I'm not going to feed him I think.
That is me, too!  If DS sees me cook, he would be screaming, hungry hungry the whole time until he can eat!  I am super stressed about meals!  :(

I discovered something, though.  Perhaps DS is ready for more adult food.  Monday, I tried steak and stupid me overcooked it and it was a bit on the done side and was auite chewy.  He ate almost a whole piece of steak!  He liked the taste but couldnt handle the toughness but he happily ate it.  Tonight i served the same cut of beef but sliced and marinated for bulgogi (korean bbq) and he loved it. 

Perhaps is just overwhelmed by all these new stimulation that he can feel now.  I remember someone said 3 is a much more challenging age than 2!  Cant agree more!