Author Topic: Desperate for help  (Read 994 times)

Offline kateboundy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Desperate for help
« on: March 26, 2012, 23:14:46 pm »
Think I have been in denial but my 8 month old is a nightmare to settle after a NW - tonight is typical! She woke an hour ago and downed 8 ozs of milk, she had had a poo earlier so was changed and put down.

She goes quiet for 10 mins then rolls, whines and won't settle. It has been the same for always.

She can settle quicker and has done but it isn't consistent. Last night she did exactly the same with out the changing nappy (or poo) and got so manic that I had t o swaddle her and give her meds I case it was pain. There is little actual crying though.

She sleeps in her cot in our room which I guess doesn't help. She is on 3 hours A time - although this was less today as she was shattered from last night, and has 2 x 2 hour naps (makes little difference if one is shorter)

Please help. I have got up, replugged her and left her in bed completely awake and chatting but I need some sleep?

Offline kateboundy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Desperate for help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 11:01:01 am »
As an update - I gave her some meds again last night and left her for a few more minutes.  She again went quiet but then started to whine.  I went to bed as I was shattered, replug her and she did fall asleep until 7am. 

Could it just be that she is a bad settler...??  She always sounds like she is trying to sleep but at the last minute wakes up again!  Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:10 am »
This sounds like E a bit right now, no actual crying, just a bit of a whine. I am currently working on capping one of his 2 long long naps(upwards of 2.5hours each!!!). I also think it is that he cant seem to get comfortable. Because if I let him sleep on the spare mattress(less firm) he STTN without a peep. He also recently became a tummy sleeper so I thought maybe his arms are falling alseep at night.
Melissa

Offline kateboundy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »
MM - it is amazing how much E and H are the same... same size, roughly same age and do the same things!  Capping naps might be the way forward. I only allowed 2 hours this morning - would have capped at 1.5 but I plan to be out this afternoon so she will nap in the buggy which is never as long.