Author Topic: 14month old's appetite decreases during the day, is limited and worries me!  (Read 1544 times)

Offline baileyscommet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi, My lo is 14months old and was bf until a month ago when I had to suddenly wean (due to being pregnant again and needing to take anti sickness pills due to a stay in hospital with Hyperemsis). He used to feed 5 - 6 times a day/night. Since then his appetite hasn't been great. He refuses any milk whatsoever even though I offer it at least twice a day (and in different cups).

He will eat a great breakfast of cereal or porridge followed by toast or scotch pancakes and then fruit. After that he just isn't interested unless snacking on fruit.

He also won't eat yoghurts or anything liquid based so custards, rice puddings etc are a no no.

Dinners used to be good but now he rarely eats meat and just seems to play with vegetables and pasta/rice....

I'm really not sure what to do. He is constantly on the go so must be doing ok for calories but should I be worried?

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
I wouldn't be that worried.  Is he teething? 
The tweaking never stops!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Hugs,
My boy doesn't eat much in the PM but h a great breakfast, mid morning snack and late lunch so I try not to fret about dinner. I do think they go through stages at this age with eating. If you can just try to offer a balanced diet when he is eating. I always still offer tea, even though most nights AtM we aren't getting much eaten ::)

If everything else is going well, Bowel movements are good, sleep is good and he seems heathy then I'm sure he is fine :)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.