Author Topic: I think I need an ED :o(  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Jenybean2

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I think I need an ED :o(
« on: April 10, 2012, 17:30:31 pm »
Hi - My first son (age 4) is allergic to wheat, dairy, eggs, and pineapple...and it went undiagnosed for a long time..until he was about 14 months old (written off by many docs as "sensitive skin" even though eczema was bleeding)....so when my second LO came along I really want to be on top of this issue.

I was concerned about food allergies around 5 weeks old.... poops were very watery... but after some research and a trip to the allergist.. it was discovered that I over-produce breastmilk.. and needed to be on block-feeding so my son could get the hind milk and not just all foremilk.  Our allergist (We love him) tested the baby at 7 weeks old for wheat/dairy/egg/soy.. and said "for now they look negative".. but he advised me to limit my dairy as it seemed more like an intolerance to him...   I've been doing that.. and everything was great.. but over the last week my son has developed eczema patches on his calves... then some on his thighs now.. and his head and neck aren't looking good either.   :O(.... the food allergies for my son have been really difficult for us all.. especially him... and now my gut feeling says something is going on with my little guy as well :(.. I'm very depressed about it because I was really hoping that he wouldn't have it too..

I'm also really concerned because breastfeeding has been a challenge for me to say the least... both times.. and I was only hoping to breastfeed for 6 months.. but if I have to eliminate everything from my diet.. not sure I'll be able to stick with it.. plus starting back to work.... but I've not heard good things about the "allergic formulas"... which means I'm breastfeeding forever.. and I'm not sure how I feel about that either.... :(.... We have another allergist appt for the baby this Friday.. but I might just eliminate all dairy/egg/soy today because his skin looks not good and I'm having a flashback from my other son.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: I think I need an ED :o(
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 16:53:33 pm »
Oh no, sorry you are going through this again.

I would eliminate dairy, soy, eggs and wheat TBH. See if things improve.

I am surprised your allergist tested at 7 weeks. I didn't think they could/would.