Author Topic: Healthy but bland vs tasty with salt?  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Healthy but bland vs tasty with salt?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 21:02:22 pm »
I'm with Texomamama 100%! I think the salt reduction in many countries has gone too far! Unless medically contraindicted, salt can be quite beneficial and is definitely tasty, though I DO think it's important to use a quality "real" salt and not table salt with tons of fillers. The real problem comes when using too many processed foods. If you are making most of your food from scratch and using salt and other seasonings to taste I think that is more than fine!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline koe2moe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
Re: Healthy but bland vs tasty with salt?
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 22:12:20 pm »
thanks, Karen.  Good point!  It is funny that i made a new recipe tonight chosen by DS and i forgot to taste it first and DS always ate immediately and he said "mommy, can i have some salt?". There was a huge amount of sugar in the marinade and very little salt, the balance seems to be wrong.  I was just impressed that he understood tastes enough to know that there wasnt enough salt.  My gourmet baby.  Then he asked for sauce on his rice. Lol