Author Topic: Combining purées and BLW  (Read 1306 times)

Offline babymunkey

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
Combining purées and BLW
« on: April 25, 2012, 21:29:24 pm »
Just wondering if it's advisable, what are the pitfalls, is it confusing to the LO?

B is so keen to get involved with food - I gave her a piece if pitta to see what she'd do - she knew what it was for and if she dropped it and put her hand in instead she got mad bless her. I'd like to try some BlW this time but also had fun with puréed food with H.

Any feedback on doing both?

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
Re: Combining purées and BLW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:39:05 am »
I did both with Emily for the first bit but we are now fully on her feeding herself everything. Basically, with her being preemie, the doctor wanted her getting some extra nutrients via solid food but she wasn't coordinated enough to do it herself :-\ It worked well. We just gave her some food on her plate as well as spoon fed her. She ate what she wanted of both. No big deal really :-\ Now that she is coordinated enough to do it all herself, she does so I don't think it was confusing at all!

Offline lil_ginge

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Psalm 139:13! :)
    • Supporting Christian Unions in Sixth Forms and FE Colleges - because 16-19s are fab! :)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 17:30:23 pm »
Hi babymunkey.

We're only starting out on the solids ride but so far Dd is mostly Blw (pasta bake for dinner tonight.. yay!) but in morning i find its easier to spoon feed her atm. Partly due to timing because our tots groups are in the morning etc and partly because i am confused about what to give her in the mornings which isnt spoony - and she isn't quite at spoon feeding herself. She does hold my hand as i put it in and i only give her what she seems to ok with. When the grizzled face comes... It is a no spoon zone. Think already she is wanting to be totally independant though (Unless Daddy does it strangely. He is the Luke Skywalker of spoon feeding!)
* Claire *

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 19:50:44 pm »
Traditional weaning has always combined purees / mashed and finger foods.  It's no problem.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline babymunkey

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 19:59:38 pm »
Cool - can't wait to get started! Lil Ginge - what about toast fingers? I make our own pancake mixture which has no salt in, so I was planning to give her chunks of that to mump on.

Now going to get the bumbo out and see if i can find the food tray.......