Author Topic: Waking before dream feed!  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Waking before dream feed!
« on: April 29, 2012, 21:40:11 pm »
My 6 week old was dream feeding well until 3 days ago. He first started to be moving at time of DF and then last night aqwoke 30 minutes prior to it. Schedule is last bottle at 6:30pm, bedtime 7-7:15pm. Dream feed at 10:30pm. Then awakens usually at 2:45, but awoke at 2am last night. Sleeps until 6am and start of day at 6:30.
Did I do something wrong? Should I have tried to shush him at 10pm and wait until time of dream feed? Or just drop the dream feed and feed when he awakens? He only wakes once now at night and I don't want to mess that up. We are already have short nap issues that I fear will affect his night sleep.

Took 4 oz BT, 4 oz DF, 5 oz at 2am, 5 oz at 6:30am.

Any help please?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Waking before dream feed!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 13:50:44 pm »
There is a big growth spurt at around 6 weeks so that could well be the cause of the earlier waking. I would just feed when he wakes to be honest, especially if it is more than 3 hours since the last bottle. You may find that after a few days he goes back to sleeping when the DF is due. If he is waking you can always do the DF a bit earlier - 10pm is as good a time as 10.30 (Tracy says to do it between 10pm and 11pm).

HTH!

Laura

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 16:17:45 pm »
Thank you- He did very well last night. Though he almost always waks for the dream feed- does it still "work" if they awaken?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 16:39:08 pm »
Well, if they wake it's not a DF as such just a feed ;). If you can settle him straight back to sleep then I would see how it goes over the next few weeks and evaluate what's going on. How much is he taking in a feed during the day - is he draining bottles?

Laura

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 18:18:21 pm »
Last night he took 2.5 ounces at the DF and at the 3:30am awakening. Then sleep until 6:30 am which is his awake time. It was an ideal night, but today not so much... can take 4-5 ounces during the day.