Author Topic: I can not find in ounces how much babies eat at a certain age.  (Read 1383 times)

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
How much does you 2 mo old eat in a sitting??
Past Pre School teacher, nanny & baby whisperer to 11 beautiful babies: Kiki, Robert,Benny,Hailey,Cooper,Colton,Blake, Alexandra, twins! (Skylar and Gavin), and newest addition little Sammie.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: I can not find in ounces how much babies eat at a certain age.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 17:56:19 pm »
There is a rough guide that says they need 2-2.5oz per lb of body weight in 24 hours, but that is a very rough guide.

At 2 months my two were taking about 4oz every 3 hours during the day and we tried the DF (hit and miss) and 1 or sometimes 2 nightfeeds.

How much is your LO taking now? You need to be guided by them really. When you bottle feed you should have enough in the bottle so that there is a bit left at the end of a feed. You know then that they have stopped because they are full (as a breastfed baby would) and not just because the bottle is empty. If they are draining the majority of bottles during the day you need to add another oz.

HTH!

Laura

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 17:59:24 pm »
He is taking 5-6oz I feel like it is a lot, not complaining I just wanted to get a feel for how much is average. I feel like he could eat all day and the only reason he stops is because I stop feeding him.
Past Pre School teacher, nanny & baby whisperer to 11 beautiful babies: Kiki, Robert,Benny,Hailey,Cooper,Colton,Blake, Alexandra, twins! (Skylar and Gavin), and newest addition little Sammie.

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 20:41:06 pm »
My 6 week old DS is eating 5-6 ounces for 3 bottles, then 3-4 ounces others. DF and NW only 2-3 ounces. But he is a big boy... probably 11 pounds by now.

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 15:21:25 pm »
Yeah I would think Dylan is about the same, I believe he is about 10 1/2 lbs. thanks for your help:)

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 15:48:48 pm »
I try to have enough so that he leaves maybe half an ounce behind. But recently he has been less consistent on amounts. Maybe he had a growth spurt before when he was eating 6 ounces?