Author Topic: Television!!!!  (Read 7766 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Television!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 18:19:28 pm »
"Tree Fu Tom"
DS loves this too.  Some programmes like this one he will wonder off and play with something else whilst it is on but he knows the parts he enjoys, the movement part is great and he always go back to the TV for that.  He does try to join in some of the moves even though he isn't quite 16 months yet and I know he is watching the moves carefully even though he doesn't do them all.
Really interesting that it was developed with the dyspraxic society, I had no idea, just thought it was a great idea to get kids moving and interacting with the TV show.  I thought it was based on some martial art (Tree Foo like kungfoo?).  I also like the 'yogo' (yoga) in Waybuloo which DS loves.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 20:40:55 pm »
I also like the 'yogo' (yoga) in Waybuloo which DS loves.

Alexandra did some Yogo this morning while watching Waybuloo!  She actually asks for this show when she is crabby/OS/OT!  Funny enough, it really calms her down!  She will demand that me or DH sit on the couch so she can lounge on us and watch it!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 19:52:49 pm »
it really calms her down
It gets DS really chilled out too.  He has watched Waybuloo every eve before the BT routine since as far back as I can remember because I needed something to occupy him whilst I ran the bath, got his bottle ready, his meds, stuffed the night boosters in the nappy etc.  I wouldn't want him to watch anything up-beat before his bath and bed but that prog is so calm I don't think he could ever get OS from it.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 20:57:45 pm »
Totally agree!  I find it's great after we have been at playgroup etc... good for her wind down before nap :)

She has been watching it since she was about 7/8 months old!

Offline Marie-O

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cute little feet
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 19:58:25 pm »
I also like the 'yogo' (yoga) in Waybuloo which DS loves.
I like that one too, I find interesting the yoga theme. My DD not so much, she needs action...lol!!
Marie