Author Topic: Resting in peace, thanks to you.  (Read 5800 times)

Offline maevamena

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 06, 2012, 19:18:03 pm »
Dear Tracy,

We're at a milestone, and every time I reach a milestone I feel like writing you a thank-you note. Like her two sisters before her, our last baby, who is almost 18-months old, sleeps through the night, naps once/day for 2-3 hours, is nearly potty trained, and understands table manners (though doesn't always behave as such). All of which I give you full credit; I just followed your lead.

We've been through slow weight gain, gas, and flu; thanks to your insight, we didn't get into (too many) bad habits. So last week when she gave up the pacifier on her own, she continued to sleep through the night and nap during the day because she wasn't used to us having to soothe her back to sleep. 

I've been as close to insanity as ever, but I've also kept working and building my writing career. People ask me how I manage working and raising babies. I can do it because I work from home and my kids' routines are predictable. Not only that, but my husband and I are more in love than ever. Your E.A.S.Y. plan gave us a shared focus on how to start our babies on the right path. There were more high-fives than tears along the way. It wasn't always easy --- it's parenting! --- but it's do-able, all thanks to your sage and sound advice.

It's time for me to pass my tattered and torn copy of Secret of the Baby Whisperer to the next new mom. I'm reluctant to give it up even though I don't need it anymore. When I think back to the first days of madness and ignorance, how I poured through those pages in the pre-dawn light, soaking up your words, I feel nostalgic and so, so grateful.

Rest in peace Tracy, because I do, thanks to you.

Maeve Maguire

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 20:09:52 pm »
Truly beautiful words Maeve.

(X)

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Resting in peace, thanks to you.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 20:22:12 pm »
Oh Maeve what a lovely testimonial to Tracy! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this, I know it will give many parents out there the hope and courage to carry on through the rough patches. So glad that your BW babies are doing so well and that is credit to you too.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Resting in peace, thanks to you.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 00:08:55 am »
Thank you so much for sharing that!

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator