Author Topic: Could she be sensitive to cow's milk?  (Read 5107 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Could she be sensitive to cow's milk?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 19:48:17 pm »
Totally sounds like the milk Becky... more than likely it's just that her tummy is mature enough to handle the increased level and more difficult to digest proteins... cheese and yogurt go through a cooking process so the proteins are partly broken down and easier on the tummy... I would just give it until she is 18 months and try again... most kids will outgrow this sensitivity by 2-3 years of age.

If she is fine with yogurt and cheese, i would reintroduce those to up her calcium intake :)

Offline Cass79

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Could she be sensitive to cow's milk?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 11:52:31 am »
My LO is 4 months old and has a suspected allergy to cows milk protein, she has nutramigen formula on prescription from the GP - though we awaiting a referral to a paediatric dietician who i think will test her... not sure. Her symptoms were reflux (this has been helped by the change of formula but is still a problem) a rash on her cheeks after feeding,and she had so much wind it was untrue. She also was crying in pain after feeds but part of this may have been down to her reflux. She was previously on Hipp organic as i'd heard that its gentler on their tum.
Your GP may be able to refer for allergy testing? i think they do a skin prick test