Author Topic: How much are your 14-18 month olds eating??  (Read 1623 times)

Offline LouiseV

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
How much are your 14-18 month olds eating??
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:18:32 am »
I'm just wondering how much food your LOs are eating. My wee man is almost 14 months and has a morning, mid morning and evening BF still (only the evening one is a full one though - the other two are very brief)

A couple of people have commented to me that they dont think he eats enough so this is just me getting some feedback for my own peace of mind! :-)

Its a bit tricky working out when / how much to feed them around sleeps!

He basically refuses breakfast (but hes just BF an hour earlier) then he has:
9.30ish some blueberries or fruit, small piece of cheese maybe a cracker or tiny sandwich
11.30 short BF before nap
2 Lunch Small yoghurt, 1/4 banana, maybe a small corn/vege fritter or similar thing
3.30 1/2 kiwifruit or raisons and a small rice-cake with marmite/peanut butter
5.30 Tea - varies hugely. Maybe 1/2 C veges total, tiny piece of meat, 2TB rice
6.30 Big BF

I'm keen to wean another feed (prob the morning one first) so I'm thinking he'll naturally start to eat more anyway? Does this seem about normal to you guys??

Thanks for your feedback
First baby boy born March 2011 :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: How much are your 14-18 month olds eating??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:21:26 am »
I think it looks okay Hun, they tend to snack. That said my boy is a rubbish eater ATM ::)
When I stopped the morning BF Z started to eat a good breakie, it made a huge difference. I suspect this will help you too.westarted on a weekend when Dah could Ter ZZ up and into the highchair for toast (his fav) quickly do he didn't see me and want the boob ::) by Monday he was fine.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: How much are your 14-18 month olds eating??
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:13:44 am »
First I thought it didn't look like your DS ate as much as my DD (not saying my DD eats the 'rigjht' amount though!) but then I looked at the snacks and think he prob eats about the same, maybe a bit less, cos his snacks are much bigger than my DD's.
If he seems happy and is putting on weight then I don't think you have much to worry about though.
As Sara said, when you start to drop bfs (but no rush to do that) he will eat more.
If you wanted him to eat more at mealtimes, you could try reducing the size of the snacks (they sound similar size to his meals?)
Also, if you do a smaller am snack, would he do lunch at 11.30 and then a bf after nap?
But if he's happy with the timings and amounts then I wouldn't worry tbh.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old