Author Topic: 6.5 mo old won't take bottle  (Read 1231 times)

Offline bettybubs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 16, 2012, 20:06:57 pm »
My DS2 is 6.5 months old. He is BF apart from a bottle at bedtime. He is on 3 meals a day and has the following routine;

4.00 - 6.30 - BF when he wakes
7.00- 7.30 - breakfast followed by BF
9.00 - 10.00 - sleep
10.30 - BF
11.30 - 12.00 - lunch
2.30 - BF
4.00 - 4.30 - Dinner
6.30  - FF

Up until last week he was having 6 oz at bedtime although he has been getting fussier with his bottle. This week he has become really strange and is starving after his bath and PJ's on desperate for his bottle, but as soon as the teat is in his mouth he gets really stressy and won't take anything. I have BF him instead most nights, but last night he was too stressy to even have boob.

We changed his teat to a sz3 a few weeks ago as he wasn't finishing his bottle and was taking ages. He seemed to get on fine with it. At the start of this week I wondered if it was coming too fast so tried the sz 2 teat, but it made no difference.

Any ideas????

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 6.5 mo old won't take bottle
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 20:09:22 pm »
When is he having a sleep in the afternoon? His morning nap is quite short so it could well be that by bedtime he is just too tired to eat properly.

How much solids is he actually eating at his meals too?

Laura

Offline bettybubs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
Sorry, I didn't make the naps very clear did I! He has anything from 45 mins - 1.5 hours in the morning, on average an hour. Then he naps after lunch, normally from 12.30 for 2 hours. He will sometimes grab a power nap of about 30 mins around 4.

Amounts wise, he has one of the small tommee tippee storage pots of porridge at brekkie, one at lunch and one at dinner. He will have a fruit pot at lunch and a petit filous at dinner.

He seems really desperate for the bottle, reaching out for it and getting really wingy, but as soon as it's in his mouth he just gets cross.

I am thinking of trying to give it to him downstairs tonight before we go up to get changed for bed.