Author Topic: Is there a 6 month sleep regression?  (Read 4366 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Is there a 6 month sleep regression?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 10:02:54 am »
I see your A times haven't really increased much - most 7 month olds are having 3hr A times and she may be getting so much day sleep that its robbing her night sleep, ie. she's not tired enough to need a long restorative night and wonders why she can't play when she wakes up...

I really think you need to work on pushing those A times out towards 3hr and dropping the CN. If you don't, the bad night sleep will eventually make her chronically overtired and that's not a pretty place to be.

Offline liz1810

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 11:12:09 am »
You are totally correct - A times haven't gone up much. When I've tried to inch up the time, it's harder to get her down and I get shorter naps (which makes me think I went too fast and made her OT). I am going to try to add time in 5 minute increments rather than 10 minutes every three or four days to see if that helps her adjust better. If I can get up to thee hours, then goodbye catnap! Hope (very) slowly increasing A time do the trick, as I think you are on to something with the fact that she could be UT at bed time. Thank you so very much for your quick help!