Author Topic: Struggling with moving my boy onto 4 hours EASY  (Read 1397 times)

Offline kimtrinscott

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Struggling with moving my boy onto 4 hours EASY
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:35:44 pm »
Hi All,

I have a 22 week old Boy.

I started the EASY when my boy was about 6 weeks and things were going really well. He started sleeping longer stretches at night and was going for a stretch of about 6/7 hours at 12 weeks. Since he has got older (16 weeks) things seem to be going backwards. I was guilty previously of letting him snack before the 3 hours and found him wanting milk 2-2.5 hours apart. I have been strict for the last 3 weeks and have him on this schedule and wonder if I'm missing something as he only goes for a 4 hour stretch at night:-

4am/5am wake only eats about 2 ounces but wakes different times each night and will not settle unless his has the milk. Tried the dummy but it gets spat out and crying happens until the small amount of milk.

7.30/8am wake up
8am - E about 5 ounces
9.30/10am Sleep for 45 mins      45
11.30am E about 5 ounces
Noon til 2.30 Sleep                   2.5
3.30pm E 5 ounces
4.30pm til 5.15 Sleep                45
5.30pm E 5 ounces
7.30pm E 5 ounces
8pm Bedtime
11/11.30pm E 6 ounces

Summary is 4 hours sleep during the day, 11 or 12 at night and 29/30 ounces per day. He will not take any more milk at each feed I am letting him take as much as possible. He is also having a bit of solids during the day in an attempt to try and help the night waking but it is making no difference. I ensure he has his milk first and baby rice second.

My questions are
1. Should I try and cut out the 5.30pm feed?
2. Why is he only sleeping from 11/11.30pm til 4 or 5am when at 3 months he was going for longer? Is this normal and should I worry about this. Will he eventually go for longer?
3. He does tend to wake at the 11/11.30pm feed crying if he is really hungry or teething. I am worried as he struggles to go from 7.30pm til 11/11.30pm feed.

I am tired of other mums with babies younger saying they sleep from the 11pm feed through til 6/7am. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Also his weight has stayed the same for the last three weeks. He is very lean as a baby and I worry about him taking enough!

Little Boy born 22.12.2012 at 7.07pm weight 7 pounds 2 ounces
Sebastian George

He is a touchy baby ( can you tell by the look on his face)! I am a first time mum and have been diagnosed with postnatal depression which I am trying to manage using the Baby Whisperer & counselling!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: Struggling with moving my boy onto 4 hours EASY
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »
Hi hon- Look i'm going to move this over to start with to the bottle feeding page as it looks like you have a few more questions about intake and scheduling of feeds- they should be able to help you more with some ideas there!

And i love the look on his face! You can tell he means business!

Also- have you seen the birth clubs: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=227912.0 or http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=229497.0 ? They are GREAT GREAT GREAT for support from mums with bubs of the same age- and just for day to day questions.. they have saved my sanity more than once!!

Also- our lounge area is great for chat and if you need to vent with concerns that are getting you down (or up!) http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=8.0
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline kimtrinscott

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Struggling with moving my boy onto 4 hours EASY
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:54:13 pm »
Hi

Yes I think it is more of a feeding issue as I think that the sleep and night feeds will diminish with the day schedule. He is very serious and does totally mean business (kinda scares me and my husband at times as he has this thing about technology and wants to get his hands on my new laptop). I will check out those groups as I feel I need to get some more knowledge on this time as it can be up and down with the teething and intro of solids.

Thank you!!!
Little Boy born 22.12.2012 at 7.07pm weight 7 pounds 2 ounces
Sebastian George

He is a touchy baby ( can you tell by the look on his face)! I am a first time mum and have been diagnosed with postnatal depression which I am trying to manage using the Baby Whisperer & counselling!