Author Topic: 10 month old EWing  (Read 5481 times)

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 10 month old EWing
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 19:09:13 pm »
Yep, I'd say she's ready for that push!  You can try 3 hr 45 min tomorrow and start capping at an hour if you'd like.  Or, just stay at 3.5 hr with the 45 min nap, and start pushing for the longer pm nap.  Although, if you want to try to get rid of the EW, then I think pushing her out will be the better plan.

Definitely a laundry list of things that could be causing her to wake before midnight then, huh?  Mystery baby, indeed.  Good that she usually resettles herself, at least.  Poor little thing, reflux along with teething sounds no fun at all. :( 

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 02:15:52 am »
Today:

Wake: 5:30
S: 9-9:45
S: 2pm-4pm (she woke and resettled at 35 min and I know I put her down too late, day home kids today so it's a bit tough :-\ )
BT: 7pm asleep at 7:20 :( OT I think almost at a 14hr day again :(

I forgot that I most likely won't be able to push her first A time tomorrow as we have to be at an appointment for Ethan to see the pediatrician in the city. So she will fall asleep in the car but whatever. Next days I should be able too.

Do you think I should have woke her from her pm nap so BT could have been earlier? I never know what to do and honestly, her actually sleeping is still so new that I am scared to wake her, EVER :P

Thanks again so much for your time Katie :-*

ETA: she's already woken up 4 times and has just been "asleep" for an hour now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:28:50 am by Jenn+Ethan+Emily »

Offline katie80

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 03:34:45 am »
ETA: she's already woken up 4 times and has just been "asleep" for an hour now.
Oh, bummer. :(

Do you think I should have woke her from her pm nap so BT could have been earlier? I never know what to do and honestly, her actually sleeping is still so new that I am scared to wake her, EVER :P
I don't know. :-\ I don't think I would've. That middle A was so long after the 45 min nap, I think it's best you let her sleep. Yes, the day was long again, but sometimes that's inevitable when you've got EWs. She shouldn't have been too OT at BT, and she didn't have too much day sleep, so maybe that'll kick her out of EW mode. One can hope! ;)

Let me know how the next few days go. How's everything going with Ethan? Are you seeing the ped about his heart again (am I remembering this right, I hope)?

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 12:29:18 pm »
It actually turned into a great night. I am still in shock when she sleeps longer then an hour :P She woke several times but resettles herself. So the first time I had to go to her was at 2:50am! She had a bottle and then slept until a couple minutes to 6! So that is amazing! She now STTN better then Ethan still does ::)

So trying to get a picture of this is my head. Pushing the first A time should make our day look like:

Wake: 5:30
S: 9:15-10:15 (waking at an hour)
S: 2-4 (or is that A time too long?)
BT: ? 7?

We are really struggling with Ethan :( He is nap dropping and it's just a disaster. Plus he has developed these sudden fears of his room, there is "a little boy who keeps trying to get me", so he wants to sleep in our bed all the time and he is EWing really badly like 4:30am lots of days :( Hes miserable and by the end of the day, my patience with him are gone and then he starts his whole fears of sleeping thing. I don't know, I'm struggling with him. His Ped appointment is for these little dazes that he goes into that the doctor thinks might be absence seizures. He had a brain scan in October that was completely normal and this is a six month check up. Everything with his heart has been given all clear ;D He's such a sweet, adorable, full of life little boy who I adore more then anything but turning three, so far, hasn't been great :-\

Offline katie80

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 19:23:49 pm »
Yay for the great night! ;D

I think that day looks fine.  I don't know about the middle A, it might be a tad too long, but look what she did yesterday; clearly she's not too disrupted by the long As, but it could catch up with her.  You might just have to watch it and see... if she needs to go down more like 1:45, then just put her down.  As the wake time hopefully starts to get later, then you can start cutting that morning nap, so you can still fit everything in the day.  BT of 7 is what I'd do.  If you end up putting her down before 2 or she naps shorter than the 2 hr, you can pull back to 6:30 ish, if need be.

He's such a sweet, adorable, full of life little boy who I adore more then anything but turning three, so far, hasn't been great :-\

(((Hugs))) for this.  I felt the same way at 3 (of course, G had just been born and C was refusing to nap at the time).  This last nap drop is really hard and definitely very trying on patience.  I hope everything went well at the doctor appt. :-* :-*

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 01:29:41 am »
I screwed today up in a bad way :( Oh well. There's always tomorrow. I'm not even going to post what happened today as there was no routine or really nap to speak of ::) I really can't wait for 1 nap!

ETA: Oh my gosh Katie, G is soooo cute!!! I've been stalking the BC thread just haven't posted. Im at that awkward in between stage again when Emily's actual age and adjusted age don't work. Anyways, that photo of him is way too cute. I could look at that grin all day :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:34:59 am by Jenn+Ethan+Emily »

Offline katie80

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 01:41:35 am »
Ha, thanks! :)  You should post, Jenn, you don't have to stalk.  We miss you when you don't post (I'm secretly enjoying that we get to chat here ;)).  And, yes, there's always tomorrow (I had to tell myself that this morning, when Claire woke Graham up after I specifically told her I was going to let him keep sleeping in the car when we got home from the library. ::) >:().

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 01:14:12 am »
Thanks Katie. I miss our DD thread :( I think we should all get pregnant again at the same time so we can have it back ;) :P

Okay the past few days have been complete write-offs. I don't know how is possible to leave the house without messing one of the kids up entirely. Sigh. Oh well.

Here was today:

Wake: 5:20am
S: 9:05-10:05 ( she woke briefly at 45min but resettled herself. I woke her at 1 hr :-\ )
S: 1:35-3:30 (disaster though. I resettled her 4 times )
BT: 6:30 asleep by 6:45

So I think I should have just left her to sleep at her nap this morning because she has barely napped the past three days and I think she was OT :-\ Oh well. It's a bit late now :P

Thank God it's summer because if it wasn't light outside at 5am, I would be thrown into depression for sure.

I hope your enjoying your weekend with friends and it's not messing up G's sleep too much :-*

Offline katie80

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 00:13:02 am »
I miss our DD thread :( I think we should all get pregnant again at the same time so we can have it back ;) :P
LOL, I miss it too!! Not quite enough to get pregnant again, though. ;) But ask me in a year... I'm not sure I could join another DD thread however, because it just wouldn't be the same. :-\

So, it sounds like maybe E needs a catch-up day. Then you can go back to the original plan.

We're having a good weekend during the day. :P All 4 of us are in the same room, I'll just leave it at that. ::) ;)

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 02:02:57 am »
I miss our DD thread :( I think we should all get pregnant again at the same time so we can have it back ;) :P

We're having a good weekend during the day. :P All 4 of us are in the same room, I'll just leave it at that. ::) ;)

Yes BTDT, it is not pretty :P

Emily had an okay night last night. Woke and ate at 11:15 and then again at 3:30. Was up for the day at 5:20.

Here was today:

Wake: 5:20am
S: 9:05-10:05 (I woke her, decided with another early morning like that, I'm sticking too it)
S: 1:40-3:25
BT: 6:40 asleep by 6:50. I wanted her to go down earlier but DH called.

We will see what tonight brings. I was scared to let her sleep this morning nap because I thought it might make our day too long. I'm hoping that she doesn't think she needs two night feeds. That's a bit ridiculous at almost 11 months old... ::) ::)

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 07:23:20 am »
miss the due date thread too, but def not enough for another baby! can't you be persuaded to get an anonymous Facebook page jenn, and then you can join us!

I think the very early morning is another of those annoying 3 week phases, DS used to do the same, and now DD ttoo, after a few weeks she tags on another sleep cycle, and then it feels a bit better
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline katie80

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 23:37:48 pm »
Interesting, Lili, that it's happened like that with both yours. Let us know how you're getting on, Jenn. If you'd like me to get more eyes on this for you, I sure can. I think you're going at it the right way, though.

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 01:12:58 am »
miss the due date thread too, but def not enough for another baby! can't you be persuaded to get an anonymous Facebook page jenn, and then you can join us!

Lol. Yes unfortunately, I think we are done :(

Well today was a disaster! A common occurance in our house it seems.

Overnight last night went: feed at 11:30, 3:30, up at 5:20.

Oddly enough, each waking was the exact same minute as the night before :-\ One more night and I'm thinking it's a habit...

Today was:

Wake: 5:20
S: 8:00-8:45 (I had to quickly drive into the city to order shingles for our roof ::) )
S: 12:30-1:50
BT: asleep by 6:15

How's that for a mess? She wouldn't CN. Wouldn't fall asleep any earlier. Crazy girl.

Things are going to get all messed up again for a little while. We have to go back to see DH's Dad so that pretty much means the routine is out the window. *sigh* I guess I better start getting used to being awake at 5am.

Offline katie80

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 19:16:35 pm »
(((Hugs))), Jenn, sometimes life just gets in the way.  We'll be here when you get back to keep working at this. 

Oddly enough, each waking was the exact same minute as the night before :-\ One more night and I'm thinking it's a habit...
You could start trying W2S for at least one of these wakings.  Maybe it would be enough to re-set her for the EW too. :-\  How is she feeding now during the day?  Do you think she still needs both of those NFs?

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 22:46:37 pm »
SHE thinks she needs both NFs. I don't know if it's a habit or what but she is MAD and she knows what she wants ::) and I'm a suck ::) :P

I don't know if this makes sense but I was thinking about it and she has really only ever given 11hr nights. So yesterday was a disaster just because she refused her pm nap ::) so she ended up CNing later on and I bumped her BT. She ended up with a 7:15BT and woke at 6:15. So I need to get her nights later somehow and I think that might help with the EWing simply because she's an 11hr at night girl. Not sure :-\ ???

Today was a mess also :P The bonus is, she is sleeping the same at night regardless of the day unlike Ethan who was a mess if anythig changed 10minutes.