Author Topic: How much is enough?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
How much is enough?
« on: May 21, 2012, 16:27:36 pm »
Wyatt is 10.5m and is currently getting 20ish ounces a day of Neocate.  I've noticed however that he is starting to decrease it.  He is only 21lbs (and 31 or so inches tall) and I worry about how much he really needs of formula.  He hasn't gained weight in 2 months, but has gained height, and is an extremely active baby.  Neither of his doctors are concerned with his growth or weight.

He eats solids like a champ.  3 meals of fruit/veg/starch/protein and I let him eat until he is full.  A very wide variety of foods.

We don't really do much in the way of snacks because I'm afraid he'll drink even less formula.  He does have small amounts of water with meals and sometimes in the car we take a cup as well.

He is due to trial cows milk at 14months, and the protocol sheet states he should be getting 20ounces of cows milk a day when/if it's complete.

What are you babies taking at 10months plus??

Thanks!

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: How much is enough?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 17:43:08 pm »
The minimum they need between 6 and 12 months is 20oz with solids but the dairy in their food counts towards the 20oz (probably not in your case ;)). I think you need to try and make sure his intake doesn't drop below the 20oz for now, and maybe increase calcium rich foods and the good fats in his diet if you need to.

Laura

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 18:04:58 pm »
Zoe y! lovely to see you! little pink is 17 lb and taking 7 oz am, 5 oz pm and 7 oz evening.

just thinking of doing a dairy  trial.
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess