Author Topic: weaning 12 noon bottle  (Read 1023 times)

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
weaning 12 noon bottle
« on: May 25, 2012, 14:39:50 pm »
Hello.

Just quick question. We are working towards 2 bottles a day. We currentky have our middle bottle at 4oz. He he seems satisfied with that. Never weaned other bottles he just refused them up to now.

Due to a decrease in interest in solida at lunch Dr suggested gettingbrid of bottle since he only needs 16 oz a day. And he gets that from morning and bt bottle.

My question is how do inwean the bottle fiqb from 4 oz. How much closer in time should I be bringing his lunch solida. We are also on the 2-1 nap transition so he generally naps from 11-1. Have 4oz at wake up and solida 30-45min later.

Thanks!
Melissa
Melissa

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: weaning 12 noon bottle
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 14:45:14 pm »
I'm not sure it needs to be weaned really.  How about omitting it and offering lunch when he wakes up?  Offer water in a cup with lunch.  Or if you feel you need to wean it for whatever reason, offer some ounces of formula in a cup, and water in another. You can also offer a small snack and water prior to his nap.

If it were me, I'd omit the bottle and offer water in a cup with lunch.  I'd offer a bit more at lunch to be sure he isn't hungry from omitting the formula.  :)  Best of luck :)

...its what you do when you get back up.