Author Topic: Re: first foods for baby with reflux  (Read 4264 times)

Offline jennyg33

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Re: first foods for baby with reflux
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 18:27:19 pm »
I'm afraid I can't be any help, but would love to know how you get on.

I tried to wean DS2 who has reflux at 19 weeks on baby rice. We had explosive and runny mucus poo for 2 days, like you I changed straight away so don't know if it would have caused rash. I perceviered for another 2 days, the diarhea did stop then, but he was just so uncomfortable, don't know if it was beginning to make him constipated. I then stopped. I was thinking of trying again at 23 weeks, but just trying to collect as much advice as I can before I try again. 
Jenny, mum to Andrew and Aaron

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 19:20:39 pm »
hun have you considered probiotics? They can help keep the flora in the gut balanced. We never knew about them till later but were a god send for my LO - In 2 weeks I noticed a huge change in his tummy troubles, in that they went...that said we don't have intolerance's as such here, just a sensitive gut.

Some very very safe foods are pear - riper the better, pumpkin/squash and sweet potato. Try to avoid rice if you can to start with itcan be hard to digest. ;)

Elise will have some good tips for you hopefully as she is going through it all ATM :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 19:38:53 pm »
Unfortunately I don't have much good to report :(  the allergist diagnosed my DS with FPIES last week, which triggers allergic reactions to lots of foods. so he's reacted so far to everything he's tried, we're going to try apples but now he's teething so I'm waiting until he's better to introduce a new food.

I would definitely try to start again with something else, pear seems to be a favorite for reflux babies. Then try cereal maybe a bit later because as Sara says, they can be difficult to digest for LO's.

Agree also with the probiotics, we are now using them and it seems to have improved his digestion!

HTH :)
Elise

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 19:57:31 pm »
hugs Elise :-*
Glad the probiotics have helped too hun!
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline jennyg33

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 13:05:12 pm »
Thank you. Will definitely try the pear. Wondering about the probiotics, I'm in Britain, not sure what I'd give. Do you get them prescribed, or is it just the same as an adult would have. What age can they have them.
Jenny, mum to Andrew and Aaron

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 14:07:58 pm »
Hmmm not sure about what to get in Britain, maybe someone else will pop in, we use BioGaia, it's drops and it's for babies, I asked my pharmacist and she had them behind the counter.  I think there is no age to give probiotics, but you may want to check with your pharmacist.
Elise