Author Topic: Need some MSPI input in BF baby  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Kirsten~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Need some MSPI input in BF baby
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:33 am »
My LO is 8 weeks old, and she's been a gassy baby from the beginning. But the last 2-3 weeks the gas has been causing a lot more issues, and she seems to be having a hard time getting out her poops. I am BFing, and I do know that she is at the age where her poops start to space out. When she does poop, it seems normal to me (loose, yellow, etc). My other concern is that she is wheezing. We wondered if she had seasonal allergies, but I've read it's too early for her to have that. She sounds like she always has a lot of phlegm in her throat or nose, and she snores. I Know people say babies don't snore, but mine does! The gas is the real problem since it's keeping me and her from sleeping many nights, so I'm desperate to solve the problem. Could this be MSPI? I'm going to start removing dairy from my diet today, and we go to the doctor in a week, but I was just curious if this sounded like it to you all.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Need some MSPI input in BF baby
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 20:48:47 pm »
Hi, could certainly be MSPI. Dairy can be mucous forming, maybe this s causing the congestion? Gas is another symptom. A dairy/soy free trial should give you a good idea.

Offline ambula603

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:49:57 am »
My daughter had the congestion as a symptom as well as skin issues (light eczema/rash) but the easiest way for us to tell was her horrible stool and gas.  Smell was terrible and the stool was snotty looking (with blood, at its worst.) 

Anyway, this all cleared when I removed dairy from my diet but it took a good 6 weeks so don't give up after just a week or two!  Good luck!

Offline Kirsten~

• Showing Appreciation 8
Re: Need some MSPI input in BF baby
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:05:37 am »
6 weeks?!?! Oh wow. I'll have to keep at it. She doesn't have bad smelly stools or any blood, just the gas and congestion. Thanks for the help!