Author Topic: Bottle aversion  (Read 1116 times)

Offline maisy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 131
Bottle aversion
« on: May 30, 2012, 11:03:49 am »
Hi all, I am currently childminding for an 11wo baby boy. He is EBF at at home and has bottles of EBM while here. He was doing great but last week started refusing bottles and screaming when it gies in hus mouth. He is now being treated for oral thrush but he still has an aversion to the bottle.

Do you have any advice for me?

I am just trying to regain his trust of the bottle, allowing him to push it out with his tongue.
He can cry for up to 30mins while refusing the bottle, ultimately hr crashes out and then takes it while he is dozing off .
Yesterday I played music to distract him and it worked to an extent but he isn't taking as much as he used to. But better than crying and taking nothing.

Bearing in mind I have 2-3 other under 5s needing my time and attention too , it is getting tricky. I would appreciate some advice xx
Lee Ann,

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Bottle aversion
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 19:24:30 pm »
Hugs hun..

Have you tried feeding him in a darker room when he is sleepy?  I have had to do this when DD had a bottle aversion after a tough bout of constipation..  she did eventually find her way back to the bottle, it took a good week though.

Offline maisy

• Showing Appreciation 131
Re: Bottle aversion
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 20:06:48 pm »
Thanks hon, I will try to make the room as dark as possible but I can't take him into another room as I can't leave the other kids alone for an extended time xx I really appreciate your advice xx
Lee Ann,