Author Topic: 13 mo. Tummy or teeth? Allergy or intolerance? Pain related refusal or dislike?  (Read 9942 times)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Fruits are one thing he will eat. Need to get other stuff into him, especially protein and fats. Lol

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
The Ella's kitchen brand makes a few with meat or beans.  I think I got the ones I have at Target, though I could be wrong.  I definitely got them at a store as opposed to ordering them from somewhere.

Offline ~*Nicole*~

Well the fruit/veggie mixed pouches were a no go. He would taste them and suck a bit, then toss them aside and refuse any more. Also, I tried the toddler meals like pasta stars with chicken and veggies. Very soft but actual pieces of food, sort of like a thick, mushy soup. Also a no go. Out right refused and spit those.

On the brighter side, even though they aren't the healthiest foods, he has started eating turkey dogs and some sliced deli meats like turkey/ham/chicken breast. He doesn't eat a ton, but at least he is eating some and they are some protein and readily available in stores and easy to bring with us when going out and about. So that has been a plus. I also found some things at our local Christmas Tree Shops store that were allergen free. A cookie dough mix, just need to add sub. milk and butter, etc., some crackers, some cookies, some veggie chips kind of thing, etc. That was nice. Oh and he's also started eating a bit of pasta.

Still not taking a lot of calories. I was supposed to offer the formula 3 to 4 times a day 6-8 oz. Honestly, he really only drinks it about twice a day. He has a BT bottle and then I was offering it in the morning which was hit or miss. Recently he has been waking early and I've given him 8 oz which he usually takes and then goes back to sleep. I haven't even bothered tackling why he is waking b/c it was an easy way to get more calories into him and he was going back to sleep so not fixing it was better for us at the moment.

A typical day for us is something like:

5/6am-Bottle of formula back to sleep
8am-wake up, prevacid and wait 30 mins.
8:30-Breakfast of: cheerios w/ almond milk or dairy/soy free waffles or pancakes and some fruit: bananas, berries, peaches, applesauce, etc. He usually does pretty well at breakfast but days I have offered eggs he hasn't eaten much. I offer almond milk, water, or formula in a cup. That's hit or miss. Takes a few sips then chucks the cup to the floor.
10ish-Snack, I offer various things. Fruits, yogurt, crackers, whatever I think up, usually with water.
11:30-Lunch of: PB&J, leftover dinner foods (meatloaf w/ veggies mixed in, pasta/veggies, etc.), chicken nuggets (haven't made my own yet but found some that appear to be dairy/soy free and he's been fine with), hot dogs, deli meats, one day I gave tortilla chips w/ refried beans mixed with salsa as a dip.
12-whenever he wakes, nap time
Sometime mid afternoon-Snack (he's been with my mom so not sure about what he eats at this point)
5:00/5:30-Dinner of:  Sausage and spaghetti w/ veggies on side, fish with rice and veggies, meatloaf w/ corn and potatoes, etc. etc. You get the idea. Whatever I make for dinner I just make it dairy/soy free and give him the same as what we are having. He tends not to eat much of dinner most days. Generally never eats the meat, picks at the veggies and has a tiny bit of pasta. Anything else gets the taste, spit, chuck over the side of the highchair routine.
6/6:30-Bottle 8 oz formula

I tried roasted chickpeas, black bean burgers, potato pancakes with veggies in them, etc. etc.

DD has been picky lately too which is driving me bonkers!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Nicole, my girls rarely ate much dinner as toddlers - they ate a ton for breakfast and lunch though, so try not to stress too much about that part of it.  Glad he's eating some other things!

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
We are going through a huge dinner refusal time too!  Three days now and tonight was the first time that DD actually was hungry and cried for a bit before I clued in... good ol' baby cereal to the rescue :)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

Yeah, I think as long as he keeps adding things to his repertoire during the earlier part of the day that will keep mommy happy. He did get weighed yesterday after I posted this at an unrelated appt. They kept his clothes on but he was at 21 lb. 12 oz. which if I am remembering correctly is a gain since his last weigh in.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Good news!