Author Topic: Sleep and EASY Support for spirited babies  (Read 75983 times)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Sleep and EASY Support for spirited babies
« Reply #435 on: May 23, 2014, 15:28:48 pm »
You are trying and thinking and caring - that's all that counts as 'doing right'.

A word of warning - my guy is six now so I have no recent experience and may have forgotten a lot. That said, a couple of questions spring to mind:
Are you counting her A from wakeup or from when she stops eating?
Your gap between her feeds looks long to me. 9.20am to 14.50am, have I got that right??

As an example, this was roughly our feeding routine at her age: 7am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm. Plus two night feeds. I cluster fed in the afternoon as the dream feed just made him wake more at night.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Mel p

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2014, 19:24:45 pm »
I am counting her awake time from the time she opens her eyes until the time she goes to sleep. There was a long gap today because I just let her sleep as long as she wanted. I figured she had some catching up to do. She does take quite a lot of feed (about 150ml) and she's a good weight so I figured it wouldn't do any harm as a one off. I do tend to cluster feed her too and then she only wakes once at night (last night 2.30 and then 6am for her breakfast. If I stick to the 3h routine I will have to go back to waking her after 2h as she does normally tend to want to be awake for at least an hour. So then I'll be back to square one. This is where my confusion lies :) ???

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #437 on: May 23, 2014, 19:59:19 pm »
Hi all, as this has now reached 30 pages I have locked the post, please continue to support one another here:

Sleep and EASY support for spirited babies
~ Naomi ~